cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 3.3 tracing an async login attempt.

bstevens85
Level 1
Level 1

For the past month I've had something with a user name of "cisco" attempting to login into 2 of my routers about every 5-15 seconds (it varies).  It doesn't give a caller address it just shows async.  It fails to login as user unknown as it should, but it keeps attempting over and over again.  It has to be something internal because the devices are inside the firewalls, but I have no idea on how to track down what device is attempting to connect to these routers with the information I have from the ACS failed attempt logs.  Any help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

There might be something connected to router's console/Aux port to cause this. That's why you saw "async" in caller address.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

There might be something connected to router's console/Aux port to cause this. That's why you saw "async" in caller address.

Both of these are remote sites so I'm trying to track someone down to check, thanks for the suggestion, I'll

let you know.

Thank you, it ended up being an Envoy device plugged into the console port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: