cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager 7.1.3 access codes for extensions within same cluster

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

i have call manager cluster v 7.1.3 and i have remote branches registered to the cluster and they have their own gateway for PSTN calls which also work as SRST.

i have branches with same extensions (note that all phones register to the same cluster). For example branch 1 have extensions (1000-1500) and branch 2 have same range.

How can i overcome this issue and can i have something like access code between the branches.

my customer is insisting to have access code between all the branches and i am not sure if this is possible and how

please advice

regards,

Ibrahim

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I assume you already have site-specific partitions, so yes, you can have the same DN in a different partition.

ie

pt_site1 with DNs 1000-1010

pt_site2 with DNs 1000-1010

same idea as before

1000 in st1 to 1000 in st2 dials 21000 via the TP.

1000 in st1 to 1001 in st1 just needs to dial 1001 and use it's CSS for intra-site dialing.

1000 in st1 to 1001 in st2 dials 21001 via TP.

You keep 4 digit dialing for same site DNs and 5 digit dialing between sites.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

You can use the calling party transformation settings in the TP to add the code when dialing.

HTH

java

HTH

java

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assign a code to each site

1 + 4 digits site 1

2 + 4 digits site 2

etc

Make sure each site can only reach local phones via CSS/partitions.

For intersite routing create translation patterns, strip the code. You might want to add a code to the calling number so they know it's not someone local. Again, CSS and partitions need to be in place so the TP is the middle man.

HTH

java

HTH

java

i think this is a good idea but i have a concern about the duplicate extension numbers (all my phones are registered to the same call manager). Can i have same extension number for different phones without issues?

do you mean that if i have extension 1000 in branch 1 and extension 1000 in branch 2 then if user in branch one will call user in branch two as 21000 (the 2 is the access code and it is iliminated with translation pattern) and if user in branch 2 will call a user in branch 1 then he will dial 11000 (the first one is the access code and it is iliminated with translation pattern)

regards,

Ibrahim

I assume you already have site-specific partitions, so yes, you can have the same DN in a different partition.

ie

pt_site1 with DNs 1000-1010

pt_site2 with DNs 1000-1010

same idea as before

1000 in st1 to 1000 in st2 dials 21000 via the TP.

1000 in st1 to 1001 in st1 just needs to dial 1001 and use it's CSS for intra-site dialing.

1000 in st1 to 1001 in st2 dials 21001 via TP.

You keep 4 digit dialing for same site DNs and 5 digit dialing between sites.

HTH

java

HTH

java

thanks java. thats great solution.

one more thing can i add the code of the branch to the dialing number so that the called number will see it as comming from remote and can redial it. If yes, where we add it in the same TP or somewhere else?

Ibrahim

You can use the calling party transformation settings in the TP to add the code when dialing.

HTH

java

HTH

java

HI,

can we have branches with 4 digits and other branches with 3 digits or this will have issues with our dial plan.

Regards,

It all depends on how you configure the dial plan.

You'd probably be better using 4 digits everywhere. Otherwise you'd might end up with overlapping.

HTH

java

HTH

java

ok you are right it is better to go with same number of digits everywhere.

i tested the translation pattern and it is working great but the issue is that i have more than 300 branch to configure and in this way i will require 300 TP for each branch in order to send the site code with the extension to the calling party and in this way i will end up with more than 90000 TP. is their a way to simplify it

regards,

ibrahim

any suggestions conserning the big numbr of TP and does it have any impact on the CUCM servers in terms of limitation (memory, processing and space). note that i have my cluster with MCS 7845 servers.

regards,

Ibrahim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: