cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleted phones are registering

jgrubbs
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to configure phones that were deleted from Call Manager, but they keep registering with their old extensions.  We are running 7.1.3.30000-1.  I have restarted both Call Managers in the cluster, but this did not resolve the issue.

I also ran the following command via ssh: run sql select * from device and was able to locate the device in the database.  However, it is now showing up when I do a search for phones.

Any ideas?

19 Replies 19

philip.e.denton
Level 3
Level 3

Have you checked your db replication status lately to make sure there's nothing wonky going on there?

How would I check that?

RTMT (CallManager->Database Summary), the CLI (utils dbreplication status), or the GUI (Unified Reporting->Unified CM Database Status).  Take your pick!

Any dbreplication status other than '2' is bad...

Here are the results:

SERVER                 ID STATE    STATUS     QUEUE  CONNECTION CHANGED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
g_pgpublisher_ccm7_1_3_30000_1    2 Active   Connected     140 Aug 17 22:25:09
g_pgsubscriber_ccm7_1_3_30000_1    4 Active   Local           0             

SERVER                 ID STATE    STATUS     QUEUE  CONNECTION CHANGED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
g_pgpublisher_ccm7_1_3_30000_1    2 Active   Local           0               
g_pgsubscriber_ccm7_1_3_30000_1    4 Active   Connected       0 Aug 17 22:25:09

When I run show perf query class "Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication"

here are the results:

admin:show perf query class "Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication"
==>query class :

- Perf class (Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication) has instances and values:
    ReplicateCount  -> Number of Replicates Created   = 427
    ReplicateCount  -> Replicate_State                = 2

admin:
admin:show perf query class "Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication"
==>query class :

- Perf class (Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication) has instances and values:
    ReplicateCount  -> Number of Replicates Created   = 427
    ReplicateCount  -> Replicate_State                = 2

admin:

Well at least you database appears to be ok.

Just out of curiosity, are you using auto-registration in your cluster?  If you're not using it can you verify that it is off?

How would I verify auto-registration?

All the settings are under the System->CallManager menu.  To enable auto-registration, one has to specify a directory number range for auto-reg'd phones to use, turn on auto-registration and specify an auto-registration CallManager group.  I don't have access to CM at the moment so I apologize for not remembering exactly where all those options are off the top of my head.

Ok, I was able to locate the Auto Registration information.

It is disabled on Subscriber, but enabled on Publisher using extension 7100-7110.  The deleted phones are not using their extensions, they are using their old extensions.

bijin bharathan
Level 1
Level 1

is this happens even when you delete the unassigned numbers from CUCM through route plan report?

Yes, the extensions are deleted from the unassigned extensions as well!

I know we already checked dbreplication, but...

You stated that you can delete a phone and verify via CCMAdmin that it's gone.  Can you try deleting a phone (and unplugging it before it re-registers) and verifying via CCM Admin on all CCM servers in the cluster that it's gone?  I still feel like something strange may be going on with replication despite the good replication status.  I hope I'm wrong though!

I will give that a try and let you know the results. 

I have also found that a couple phones that were deleted are actually auto registering.  I was able to configure one of the them with a new extension, but when I moved the phone from the Default device pool into one created for the facility, the phone pulled its old extension.  Weird...

Ok, I deleted a phone and confirmed it is deleted in both CCMAdmins.

And if you plug it back in does it come back anyway?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: