Event Category:    Run

Event ID:          112

Date:              2010/08/18

Time:              06:10:38

User:              N/A

Computer:          UNITY

Description:     

Unexpected result in CAvLic::QueryS. 0x80040e31 Timeout expired

I have researched this error and all referances point to initial installation and configuration for created of the DB

My question is would I do the same steps:

Complete these steps in order to solve the issue:

1. This issue can happen if the ReportDB is not created. Check if the ReportDB is created and if it is not created, complete these steps:

1. Delete ReportDb.mdf and ReportDb_log.ldf.

2. From the command prompt, switch to the \Commserver\Reports\SQLScripts directory, and run the this in order to re-create the ReportDb

osql -E -i ReportSQLCreate.SQL
  2. From SQL Enterprise Manager, verify that the new ReportDb is attached, and run the CUICA again.

Thanks in advance for your help

Rich

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Rich,

This is indicative of an issue that might occur during installation of Unity 4.0.  Specifically, the procedure you listed is part of a troubleshooting procedure for when this error is thrown while running CUICA - Cisco Unity Installation and Configuration Assistant.  I'm not quite certain that the same circumstances would apply to a system that has been up and running for a while.  Can you confirm:

1) You are NOT installing Unity 4.0 (you'd be a bit behind the times, but it's possible I suppose)?

2) When did these errors first start occurring and have you noticed any issues with adding system components (subscribers, etc)?

3) Is the Report DB created or not?

Hailey

Hi David,

Thanks for your response!

No, this installation has been running for years now (yes, behind the times)

I will check with customer on the other 2 questions.

It happened this weekend out of no where, received 10 or so email notifications for this event.

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: