cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection v 1.2 Poor Auto Attendent voice quality

DENNIS WEIKEL
Level 1
Level 1

I'm troublshooting a Cisco Unity Connections (CUC) version 1.2 installation where the Auto Attending (AA) voice quality is poor.  The AA voice quality is choppy when the WAN link connecting the PSTN gateway to CUC is saturated.

Topology:

CUC and gateway are connected via an MPLS cloud.

Cisco Unity Communications Server overview.bmp

Problem occurs when circuit is fully utilized.

Have verified the folloiwng:

The network port associated with CUC has QOS configured
     The MPLS circuit is properly provisioned for voice and data

How should this problems be troubleshooted?  Will upgrading to a more currect version of Cisco Unity Connections resolve this issue?

2 Replies 2

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dennis,

You'll need to figure out where exactly the audio quality is degrading in the call path.  To do this, the first step will be getting packet captures at both ends.  Probably one at the switchport that UC is connected to and one at the gateway router.  Recreate the quality issue and then you'll need to play back the RTP streams from both locations and determine if the quality is degraded prior to leaving UC's switchport or if the degredation is happening somewhere downstream from the switch UC is plugged into.

Hope that helps,

Brad

martinxiyv338
Level 1
Level 1

Bradford Magnani wrote:

Dennis,

You'll need to figure out where exactly the audio quality is degrading in the call path.  To do this, the first step will be getting packet captures at both ends.  Probably one at the switchport that UC is connected to and one at the gateway router.  Recreate the quality issue and then you'll need to play back the RTP streams from both locations and determine if the quality is degraded prior to leaving UC's switchport or if the degredation is happening somewhere downstream from the switch UC is plugged into.

Hope that helps,

Brad

It is exactly what I need, I got more deep understanding about this part, Thanks for your instruction!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: