Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice mail time stamp off by 7 hours...

jwaskewics
Level 1
Level 1

All,

All voice mail rom either internal or external callers are off by 7 hours.

We are configured for PST.

time-off.jpg

Please advise.

It seems like CUE or CME may by the culprit.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The Ping tool may think a 4/5 success is fail.   Not sure.  But I do know that when you change the time zone on the CUE, it has to be reloaded.

But your 'show clock' was matching, so a little confusing.   I wonder if you can do a maintenance window reload (after saving everything you have)?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The bottom of the screen is cut off.  Do you have NTP alive and activated.

Is CUE also set with the correct time zone?

uc520_fxo_3#sh clock
08:55:39.143 EDT Thu Aug 19 2010

uc520_fxo_3#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session
Trying 10.1.10.2, 2002 ... Open
banner login ^Cisco Configuration Assistant. Version: 2.2 (5). Wed Aug 18 16:37:07 EDT 2010^

User Access Verification

Username: ciscoadmin
Password:

se-10-1-10-1# show clock
08:56:01.116 EDT Thu Aug 19 2010

Steven,

Yes, and Yes.  But I noticed that the CCA states "NTP Server ...is not reachable.  I use sundial.columbia.edu's IP address but also tried another NTP, 69.167.160.102, with the same result in CCA.  However, I can ping both IPs from a local file server...I CANNOT ping the NTPs from the UC...  why would that happen?

UC_540#sho clock
11:27:43.316 PDT Thu Aug 19 2010
UC_540#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session
Trying 10.1.10.2, 2002 ... Open
Cisco Configuration Assistant. Version: 2.2 (4). Thu Aug 05 10:51:58 PDT 2010

User Access Verification

Username: Cisco
Password:
se-10-1-10-1#
se-10-1-10-1# sho clock
11:29:52.086 PDT Thu Aug 19 2010
se-10-1-10-1#

Thank you,

John.

I found that the UC is denying the NTP on access list 104, but why?

Shouldn't configuring NTP via CCA add NTP access and allow NTP to occur?

Also, in this error message the error time stamp is ahead by 7 hours....

Thanks...

Update,

I went into CCA and used its PING tool to PING the two different NTP servers and it worked.  After that I re-entered the NTP server by name in the NTP section os the CCA system time, and now IT IS ALIVE.

Go figure - not sure if this was a timing thing for the UC or if the PING forced the issue.

The time stamp is still off, but whatever is responsible for the UC's error messages time stamp as seen in CCA troublshoot>system Status is the culprint.

Thanks in advance..

John

The Ping tool may think a 4/5 success is fail.   Not sure.  But I do know that when you change the time zone on the CUE, it has to be reloaded.

But your 'show clock' was matching, so a little confusing.   I wonder if you can do a maintenance window reload (after saving everything you have)?

Looks like the reload fixed the timestamp.  I am alos confused by the fact that it Sho'd correct...

Thank you.

No,  Thank YOU!!!!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: