Views
Helpful
Replies

Home Routing Help

rezession
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everybody,

Got a small home networking problem. I have a DSL line from at&t a modem from them 2Wire 1701GH which servs as a wireless router. I am trying to connect a Linksys WRTU54G-TM router to it because that one has a jack for a phone line so I can have my VOIP phone. I have connected a cable from port 1 of 2Wire into WAN in linksys. I have disabled DHCP on the linskys router but every time i access the web I get a message from 2Wire that a router behind a router was found and this issue needs to be resolve by applying a ip address for the given computer. When I press resolve to apply the changes I cant no longer get a connection to the internet. Although my phone line works perfectly fine. Can anyone give me any ideas of what can be wrong or how i can set iot up in order for it to work correctly?

Thx

2 Replies 2

EPHRAIM MANI
Level 3
Level 3

Please publish the ip address of the Linksys router and the ip address of your computer. so understand ur setup would be like this

Phone

|

|

ATT2wire---Linksysy----Computer

Thanks

my linksys router ip is 192.168.0.5 and the home computer gives me a radnom ip everytime. and yes that is exactly the setup i have

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card