Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA5XXg / SPA9XX MOH Server

We're ooking for documentation on the formats of music the SPA series of telephones will work with. 

Is it possible to use a shoutcast/icecast source for the audio? 

Is there a standardized syntax that would correlate with the technology used?

3 Replies 3

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

There's nothing specific for the phone but if you are using the spa9000 as the pbx and moh server, it needs meet the following:

• A music source in G.711u format, sampled at 8000 samples/sec with no file
header, up to 65.5 seconds in length, with no header information

In this application, it's a radio station that wishes to stream their live audio to callers that are placed on hold.   is there a way to capture audio from a live source and input it into a MusicOnHold server ?

With a simple audio dubbing cable (one RCA jack with two conductors) you can connect any music or content source into the MOH jack of the UC500. I usually use an iPhone or iPod in mine. When that jack is detected it overrides the local MOH file.

When I have some music file that I really like, I use OM (office manager) to transcode and upload it to uc500 as my local MOH file, and that is the easiest way to do that. But that's static, and not live.

Steve DiStefano

Technology Solutions Architect - Partner Sales

Cisco Systems

Research Triangle Park

North Carolina, U.S.A

www.cisco.com/smb

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: