cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUWL Licensing - need some help...

shane.oconnell
Level 1
Level 1

We need to purchase CUWL licenes for 5 users. Do I need to also purchase licenses for Unity connection for these users or should this come as part of the CUWL license?

When I do receive the CUWL license, I understand I get a PAK which is uploaded to the Publisher. Our unity connection is in a different cluster to the publisher, so how does the Unity Connect get updated?

Is there another pack included with the CUWL licenses, that should be uploaded to the UC?

Looking at the CUWL licenses we received day one for all users, there was just one PAK which was uploaded to the publisher and there was nothing separate for the UC...

Can someone please give me guidance on this whole subject and how it works, cause licensing seems to be a certification on its own

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shane,

From a technical perspective CUCM, CUC, CUPS, etc still require  license files to operate.  So any devices that you register in CUCM will  utilize DLU's.  Now how this works with purchasing of licenses and CUWL  etc, you should likely get in touch with your Cisco Account Team and  they should be able to explain the process for you.

Wish I could be of more help.

--Matt

I know CUWL licensing has changed since I last used it, but I'm fairly certain that you should get (separate) license files for both CUCM and UConn that are uploaded independently on their respective servers.

The previous poster was correct though - it would be best to get with your local Cisco account team to make sure you get the right answer.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. i also beleive that you should get two separate PAKS for the Pub and UConn. However, I beleive we did not get this in the past.

In any case, can anyone confirm the part numbers I need to order a CUWL license for 1 user?

Is it:

L-LIC-UWL-STD-ADD
L-UCSS-UWL-STD-3-1
CON-ESW-UWLST1

Do I need anything else in relation to Unity Connect?

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if the below order part is correct for ordering 1 CUWL user license or do I need to also include a part for the Unity Connect?

L-LIC-UWL-STD-ADD
L-UCSS-UWL-STD-3-1
CON-ESW-UWLST1

As far as I am concerned now, Unity Connect is included in the CUWL license?

Would appreciate some feedback here...Thanks