Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk dialed number to call type mapping

fabien.damien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

any idea how can we map dialed numbers to call types in bulk?

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gall00004
Level 1
Level 1

I will forewarn this post by saying Cisco states upfront that screwing this up may corrupt your database and that it shouldn't be done in production systems.  I have done this in the past for 10,000 dialed number mappings at one time, but would advise if you are going to do this, load a sample file first with a test Dialed Number ID and Call Type ID to ensure you have your process down pat.  While the tool is running, it skips bad records and while show you what errors you have, but still can be quite intimidating to run especially for the first time.

First, open excel and create a tab delimited text file (SampleImport.txt) with the following format:

DialedNumberID Item CallTypeID RegionID CEDWildCard ANIWildCard ANIWildCardType Description

**I have attached a sample file with a header row to give you an example, when importing I always remove the header row.  If you are unsure of what to put for each column, just do a SELECT * FROM Dialed_Number_Map in Query Analyzer and you'll see what the table currently contains.  In the columns that contain NULL, simply leave them blank in your spreadsheet, don't type NULL.**

Once you have your file set, go to command prompt, navigate to icm/bin and type -> BulkLoadConfig.exe Dialed_Number_Map "\SampleImport.txt"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

No can do.

The easiest way to do this is as follows. Change the name of the call type you are going to map to the DNs to AAAA_calltype so it's at the top of the call type list. Open the Dialed Number/Script Selector tool and set up a search filter that just retrieves the ones to map to said call type. Then go to the tab for the call type mapping and press "Add". The AAAA_calltype will be at the top, so just press Enter, and Enter again. select the next dialed number - repeat.

Once you have done them all, go back and reset the name of the call type.

I always do this for mass changes - it saves a ton of time in the silly call type drop down.

For small numbers of changes, remember that once you pop the combo box open, typing a letter will drive it down to the first call type that starts with said letter. Depending on your naming convention, this can also save much time.

Regards,

Geoff

No way of doing it from what I have seen, you'll have to do this the old fashion way.

david

gall00004
Level 1
Level 1

I will forewarn this post by saying Cisco states upfront that screwing this up may corrupt your database and that it shouldn't be done in production systems.  I have done this in the past for 10,000 dialed number mappings at one time, but would advise if you are going to do this, load a sample file first with a test Dialed Number ID and Call Type ID to ensure you have your process down pat.  While the tool is running, it skips bad records and while show you what errors you have, but still can be quite intimidating to run especially for the first time.

First, open excel and create a tab delimited text file (SampleImport.txt) with the following format:

DialedNumberID Item CallTypeID RegionID CEDWildCard ANIWildCard ANIWildCardType Description

**I have attached a sample file with a header row to give you an example, when importing I always remove the header row.  If you are unsure of what to put for each column, just do a SELECT * FROM Dialed_Number_Map in Query Analyzer and you'll see what the table currently contains.  In the columns that contain NULL, simply leave them blank in your spreadsheet, don't type NULL.**

Once you have your file set, go to command prompt, navigate to icm/bin and type -> BulkLoadConfig.exe Dialed_Number_Map "\SampleImport.txt"

Excellent post. Thanks.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: