cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Different DID pools on the same interface

shawn.lewis
Level 1
Level 1

We have gateway with 1 E1 ISDN PRI card. On the card we have one group of DID numbers which work fine.

Now we ordered addtional DID numbers on the one ISDN PRI but we got different numbers than the existing from telecom.

My question is: How do I configure the CUCM to route both did numbers for incoming calls to the correct people?.

The gateway is configured as a MGCP gateway

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you the end user ?

Have you considered contacting the same party (supposedly a certified Cisco partner) that did the initial setup ?

I am the first call of support and also an end user. The site has been working fine and we needed to add more did numbers to the existing one as we have more people moving into the site.

I am awaiting feedback from the partner vendor.

You should contact your Cisco Partner as this require some additional configuration to your Communications Manager.

Regards,

Justin

Partner came back with some configs for the CUCM. Will do the changes and test in the morning.

Not to mix into business that is not mine, but If I was the partner and paid for maintenance, I would take a slightly different approach:

• Verify DID activation by telco
  • Discuss and define new numbers allocation in writing
  • Personally implement the changes, remotely or on-site.
  • Test and deliver to customer.

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

I agree with  p.bevilacqua,  This process should be completed by the partner especially in a production environment. 

The partner "should" test and document the changes in a change management fashion.

Personally I would be quite upset if a partner sent me the configs to apply without testing and assuring complete functionality.

Regards,

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: