Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS install error

turfsniffer0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to install LMS 3.2 onto a server on a fresh install of Windows 2003 Enterprise x64 platform (virtual) and keep getting the error "Cannot create the install dependency file".

The install log shows:

Executing command:
"C:\DOCUME~1\ca-sduncan\Local Settings\Temp\1\{E80EEAE3-4D6D-40EF-8826-10E7289D63EE}\dependency\jre2\bin\javaw.exe" -cp "C:\DOCUME~1\ca-sduncan\Local Settings\Temp\1\{E80EEAE3-4D6D-40EF-8826-10E7289D63EE}\dependency\DH\DH.jar" DependencyHandler C:\DOCUME~1\ca-sduncan\Local Settings\Temp\1\{A23CEC8A-8755-4C92-A07C-E0CB85A648D0}\{11B8350D-559C-45BE-8EDC-A7B2DA265F7F}\setup "" C:\DOCUME~1\ca-sduncan\Local Settings\Temp\1\{A23CEC8A-8755-4C92-A07C-E0CB85A648D0}\{11B8350D-559C-45BE-8EDC-A7B2DA265F7F}\Depends.in
-----Dependency Handler Log File
file  not found
Cannot create the install dependency file.

The version of 3.2 is a trial version but I also get the same when trying to install a purchased copy of LMS3.1

I meet all the system requirements for 3.2.

I've searched for error message but no joy in finding a solution.

Issue occurs whether I have Java installed or not.

Would appreciate some guidance...

Cheers

Steven

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thomas Masters
Level 1
Level 1

Try changing your evnironment variables for TMP and TEMP to something like C:\temp  , and make sure you create that directory.

My Computer -> Right click properties -> Advanced -> Envirnment Variables.

Also create a local admin login and be sure to temporarily disable anti-virus software.

Then relog in to new admin account and try it again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Thomas Masters
Level 1
Level 1

Try changing your evnironment variables for TMP and TEMP to something like C:\temp  , and make sure you create that directory.

My Computer -> Right click properties -> Advanced -> Envirnment Variables.

Also create a local admin login and be sure to temporarily disable anti-virus software.

Then relog in to new admin account and try it again.

I changed the user enviromental variables to C:\TEMP and C:\TMP first and it worked a treat!!!

A million thanks! I had QWERTY imprinted backwards on my forehead all day today because of this problem

Thomas Masters
Level 1
Level 1

Good to hear!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: