cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which IOS version for CME 7.1 wrt bug CSCsd58707...?

andypetterson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a customer with CME on version 4.1 currently. He is experiencing a known bug where unanswered calls to an overlayed DN do not get logged as missed calls. As this overlayed DN is their main published number they can't see if they are missing important calls. This bug is detailed in:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsd58707

The Cisco notice syas that the bug has been fixed in IOS versions 12.5(0.7)M, 12.4(18.4)T1 and 12.4(24.5.1)PIX11. We are looking to upgrading the CME version to 7.1 and Cisco recommend that the IOS versions for 7.1 are 15.0(1)M, 12.4(24)T or 12.4(22)YB - none of which are listed as having the bug fix in the above document.

Can anyone please tell me if any/all of the recommended IOS versions for CME 7.1 have this particular bug fixed as I don't want to go through the pain of an IOS/CME upgrade if the fault will still be there?

Many thanks

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No I did not and I will not be able to.

But I know the Cisco code maintenance logic and I know that when is fixed in one version, it gets propagated to all versions.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have some router with 15.0(1)M3 and recommend it. It also has the MD qualification, for what is worth.

Another very stable one, is 12.4(22)YB6.

Sometime the field "fixed-in" is incomplete, kinf od normal with so much stuff they have.

Hi and thanks for that. Are you running CME 7.1 with this image and can you confirm that this

bug is not present?

Thanks again

Andy

No I did not and I will not be able to.

But I know the Cisco code maintenance logic and I know that when is fixed in one version, it gets propagated to all versions.

OK thanks again. I think we'll upgrade to one of the IOS version that supports CME 7.1 first but keep CME 4.1 as it is, then upgrade the CME version once things are proved to be stable.

Regards

Andy

When you upgrade IOS, you will be upgrading CME at the same time, and that is the only one option. In other words, CME *is* IOS.

The files in flash are just for ancillary functions and they are not CME in itself.

As mentioned before, both 12.4(22)YB6 and 15.0(1)M3 are very stable and higly recommended for customer deployment with total peace of mind.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Hi Paolo,

This is was the best explanation about this question I learn too much, thanks for share with us.......

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: