Helpful
Replies

Tandberg SIP endpoint --VCS >>sip trunk<<CUCM 7.0--Sccp endpoint

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi experts,

I am trying to build this topology:

Tandberg SIP Endpoint---Tandberg VCS >>sip trunk<< CUCM 7.0 --SCCP 7970G with VT Advantage / SCCP 7985G endpoints.

I am able to call from Cisco to Tandberg endpoint however no video at either side. When I press "?" twice on 7985G I see video protocol off although I've not pressed the Video Mute button on that phone. Same status when calling from 7970G (with VT Advantage). I've G.711 codec, b/w set to 1024KB. Any ideas is this workable topology or I am missing something?

Individually both the system deliver video i.e. calling Cisco phone to Cisco or Tandberg endpoint to tandberg endpoint successfull video on both sides.

I researched but failed to find any doc mentiong SIP to SCCP video endpoint calling each other. Any expert comments?

Thanks,

inner_silence

9 Replies 9

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi guys,

Could anyphone please help?

Hi

I have set this up before - have you verified that there is video set appropriately on both the regions and locations of the phone/SIP trunk?

What version of VCS do you have running?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron for your consideration to answer my post.

So, by you reply I can make out I don't need MCU at CUCM side, correct? And secondy SCCP to SIP protocol conversion can be successfully handled by CUCM in our case, correct again?

Now coming to your question, Tandberg team told me its VCS 5X and CUCM at my side is 7.0. There are no locations configured, region b/w for video and audio is set to 1024kbps which I think is good enough.

Any other pointers are very welcome.

thanks,

inner_silence

Hi

On our deployment we were running a version 5 release, but we only got video when calling in one direction (i.e. Tandberg to Cisco) and the call in the other direction failed at the point that the Tandberg answered the call. This turned out to be a software issue on VCS, and they supplied us with a newer release that resolved the issue.. possibly 5.1.1 but don't quote me on it. The support case with them was TTS103307.

That you don't have it working in either direction makes me think there may be a configuration issue though - do you have 'MTP Required' configured on the trunk? This was something Tandberg recommended but the problem is that the software MTP on CCM doesn't suppport video, so you end up with just voice if you have that checked.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

HI Aaron,

Please could you confirm you had MCU at Tandberg side. I've only the VCS running version 5.1.1, Tandberg team pointed this out that VCS is just a gatekeeper and they don't have any MCU as yet. I think this is probably the reason, could you confirm please?

Yes, I had MTP checked and tried with SW and HW MTP resources, same result. In the logs I could see HW MTP unable to allocate resource and failing over to SW MTP which does provide the resource however same result no vide at either side. Without MTP checked, again no video at either side.

As of now I've registered 1700MXP directly to CUCM and able to make video calls with Tandberg. 1700MXP has inbuild MCU so we were able to do 3 party video conference as wel however our main requirement still left unmet.

thanks,

inner_silence

Hi

No MCU; just GK on the Tandberg side...

If you check MTP, it will end up audio-only as the CCM MTP doesn't support video; that's why I asked.

In our scenario we didn't need any MTP, and once we had the correct software we got video both ways. If you never get video I suspect you must have a misconfiguration on either the CCM or the VCS that makes it think video shouldn't be sent over...

Regards

Aaron

Hi inner_silence,

I have attached the latest document for deploying CUCM7.0 and VCS X5.1.1. Can you confirm your configurations against this document? As this issue is quite technical in nature I might suggest opening a ticket with our Tech Support group as they will better be able to assist you outside of this forum. You can open a ticket on-line at https://tandbergsupport.com or you can call 866-TANDBERG.

Regards,

Phil

Hi Phil,

I've this document and local Tandberg folks are sitting next me to taking care of things at their end. They tried escalating internally but nothing has come up. Just curios about the comment at Page no: 36:

To enable CUCM registered endpoints to be joined into a Multiway™ conference set the Conference Factory Template to use the IP address of the VCS as the domain, e.g. 55501%%@.

I can't recall we configure something "Conference Factory Template" in CUCM, could you please shed some light on it?

Thanks,

inner_silence

Hi inner_silence,

The conference factory is enabled on the VCS. What you see on page 36 refers to our Multiway functionality that is configured between the VCS and TANDBERG Codian MCU. It provides a means to escalate a  SIP or H.323 point to point call over to the MCU, providing the capability to conference in additional participants to the existing call. if you'd like to learn more about this,you can download the documentation from this link:

http://www.tandberg.com/support/video-conferencing-documentation.jsp?selProducts=73&selProductType=&selDocumentType=19&selDisplayType=1&SearchButton.x=44&SearchButton.y=13

Regards,

Phil

:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: