Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Join to conference a call from second to first button on CME 7.0

Hi,

I have already configure meetme that works fine, now I'm trying ad-hoc conference where I took as a reference the following document "CME 4.1 Hardware Conferencing Tech Tips"

I have 7940 IP phone, where I define the same extensión number for both buttons. My doubt is the next , Can I join to the conference a call that is on the second line (second button) to the conference that is stablished on the first button?

I have tried but I haven't could not

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, I coulda sworn I did a 4.1 or 4.3 install a while back and was surprised to find that CME allowed join across lines before CUCM did.  Looks like it's time to dust off the old 1760-V to find out!

If it's not in 4.1 my testing capabilities are exceeded without some help from Dynamips though

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

philip.e.denton
Level 3
Level 3

The feature you're looking for is called "Join Across Lines" but I don't have the proper CME Admin guide to verify that it exists in your version of CME.

That is a CUCM only feature, easy fix and the way we used to handle this before this feature arrived was simply to park the call on line 2 and then on line 1 press conference + park DN.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That is a CUCM only feature,

No, CME also does it as Philip correctly indicated above.

Look for "Soft Keys for Conference Functions" in the CME System Administrator guide.

Hey Paolo, aren't you confusing the "join across lines" with the regular "join" feature?

I did looked but unless the documentation is outdated I don't see it

Soft Keys for Conference Functions

In Cisco Unified CME 4.1 and later versions, the following soft keys  provide conferencing functions for hard-ware based multi-party  conferencing enhancements on your phone and require the appropriate DSP  farm configuration. For configuration information, see the "SCCP:  Configuring Multi-Party Ad Hoc and Meet-Me Conferencing in  Cisco Unified CME 4.1 and Later Versions" section.

ConfList—Conference list. Lists  all parties in a conference. For multi-party ad hoc conferences, this  soft key is available for all parties in a conference. For meet-me  conferences, this soft key is available for the creator only. Press Update to update the list of parties in the  conference, for instance, to verify that a party has been removed from  the conference.

Join—Joins an established call  to a conference. You must first press Select to  choose each connected call that you want to join in a conference, then  press Join to join the selected calls to the  conference.

RmLstC—Remove last caller.  Removes the last party added to the conference. This soft key works for  the creator only.

Select—Selects a call or  conference to join to a conference and selects a call to remove from a  conference. The creator can remove other parties by pressing the ConfList soft key, then use the Select and Remove soft keys to remove the appropriate  parties.

MeetMe—Initiates a meet-me  conference. The creator presses this soft key before dialing the  conference number. Other meet-me conference parties only dial the  conference number to join the conference. This soft key must be  configured before you can initiate meet-me conferences.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html#wp1010526

It's not listed here either

Even if you look for "join across lines" in CCO the product section on the left only shows hits for CUCM or CUCMBE, it doesn't find it in any CME doc.

HTH

java

HTH

java

I think that was discusses time time ago.

You press Select then Join for each line and it's all conferenced.

I have never tried myself.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, that's correct. But in only works for calls in the same line.

Unless my understanding is wrong (but judging from Philip's reply, he got the same)

He has 2 DNs in the phone

On line 1 he has a conference

On line 2 he has another call.

He wants to join the call on line 2 with the conference he has on line 1.

Join doesn't work because calls are on different lines.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Actually I believe the Select softkey lets you do exactly that - select the line you want to conference in with Join.

Will try that later, maybe.

Yeah, I coulda sworn I did a 4.1 or 4.3 install a while back and was surprised to find that CME allowed join across lines before CUCM did.  Looks like it's time to dust off the old 1760-V to find out!

If it's not in 4.1 my testing capabilities are exceeded without some help from Dynamips though

Actually there is plenty of things CME does while CM do not.

- paging

- B-ACD/AA with call statistics

- overlay DNs

- line-selective CFA

and some more for sure.

Hi alls guys!!

I really appreciate all your comments, I have just tried and it works !!!!  , philip thanks a lot.

regards

I'm glad I could help.  Thanks for the vote!

Hi guys,

I've been trying to figure out conferencing on our 7.1 CME.  We don't have a DSP, so I don't know if being able to use the Select and Join buttons depends on hardware conferencing and is not possible in software. 

Whenever I try to use Join I get "Cannot Complete Conference".  The main issue is that the only way we can start a conference is by initiating a new call, that is, we are unable to conference two existing calls, or conference an inbound call into an existing one.

I have been able to get the Select button to work and actually add a checkmark to each call when enabling hardware conferencing (even though there is no DSP).  Without enabling hardware conferencing the Select button does nothing, so that's why I'm assuming that without the DSP I can only do ad-hoc conferencing with three participants and will be unable to add existing calls to conferences.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but my issue seems related to this.

Thanks,

Jorge

Correct, without hardware conferencing you are limited to three participants.

Thanks.  And what about the Join/Select buttons? Should those work with software conferencing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: