cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

four port FXO VIC card not taking inbound calls...?

jwaskewics
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We added a PSTN for voicemail via CCA (configure>voicemail>voicemail pstn #), but the UC does not answer the line.  When we called the PSTN number's we discovered that two of the six lines are not answered by the UC's AA.  Those two lines are on the VIC card and are the last two of six. The first four work fine.

Under Configure>telephony>trunks>pstn trunks, it shows Total ports 8 (4 built in, 4 VIC), so it sees the card.

Aside from a physical line cross connect mix-up issue, is there something else we need to do or configure to get those last two lines working.

Under our dial plan all incoming numbers currently go to a BLAST group.

Thanks,

John.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just tried a uc520 with CCA.

Its the incoming dial plan.   ...select destination type operator  and extension there (your AA extension)

If I understand, you want incoming call to hit your AA.

Once on the AA you can have a prompt action = transfer call to voice mail.

The FXO line are Telco lines so not really DIDs.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to map the fxo ports to the AA internal extension. Those DIDs are used for SIP Trunks and PRI, pretty sure. Different place in CCA.

Steve DiStefano

Technology Solutions Architect - Partner Sales

Cisco Systems

Research Triangle Park

North Carolina, U.S.A

www.cisco.com/smb

Thanks,

Tried to do this through CCA, but the only AA it gives me is the 398 AA, we want to go to 399, direct to VM from outside.

We'll remove this PSTN # from the hunt group so customers do not get into VM accidentally.

Please advise.

I just tried a uc520 with CCA.

Its the incoming dial plan.   ...select destination type operator  and extension there (your AA extension)

If I understand, you want incoming call to hit your AA.

Once on the AA you can have a prompt action = transfer call to voice mail.

The FXO line are Telco lines so not really DIDs.

Stephen,

Thanks.  I changed the dial plan on incoming line #6 to hit the operator at extension 399, VM, and it is doing what we want, direct dial to VM for the UC users.

Thanks, again.

BTW we think the latest CCA is much improved versus when we started doing this with the UC520 and early CCA's, thanks to you and Anthony and all of the team members!!!

great feedback.  Thanks.  CCA 2.2.5 is now posted.  Make sure you get it and use it going forward.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: