Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating Cisco 2900 Router with Nortel PBX CS1000M

nextdatai_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have an integration between a Cisco Router 2900 and a Nortel PBX CS1000M.  They are both connected with an E1 R2 CAS.  When we configure the E1 with no ANI request, we are able to dial from cisco to nortel and viceversa.  If I enable ANI on Cisco Router and enable caller ID on Nortel call completes from Cisco to Nortel (with no caller ID on Nortel), and it does not work from Nortel to Cisco (on Nortel you just hear a beep, and channel stays on seize status).  I would like Nortel extensions and Cisco extensions to ID correctly.

Cisco router is running IOS 15.1(2)T1 with UC license.  Nortel PBX I know it runs firmware version 4.0.  I'm attaching the output from debug voip ccapi inout, debug voip vtsp all and debug vpm signal

Extension on Cisco is 4707 and Extension on Nortel PBX is 4280

Has any of you jumped into something similar?.  I'm not experienced on Nortel, and tech guy I'm working with does not understand about signaling.

Configuration on Cisco side:

controller E1 0/3/0

framing NO-CRC4

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-15,17-30 type r2-digital r2-compelled ani

cas-custom 1

country telmex use-defaults

category 2

answer-signal group-b 1

description E1 desde PBX para Extensiones

dial-peer voice 4000 pots

description Extensiones PBX Nortel

destination-pattern 4[237]..

direct-inward-dial

port 0/3/0:1

forward-digits all

no sip-register

El mensaje fue editado por: Sergio Barreto

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any possibility you set the PBX for PRI ?

That will make everythign work easy and smooth.

Troubleshooting E1 R2 is always an arduous task. It requires a lot of skills, time, equipment. It should really be avoided if possible at all.

View solution in original post

The Cisco Interoperability Portal will get you where you need to go.  Just a side-note with my recent experience with the Nortel CS1000M running V3 software the Nortel PBX cannot do NI2 as a Tie Line for OnNet calling.  You can however do a DMS100 as a Tie Line for OnNet calling which will give you better Caller ID services.  If you can I would suggest a QSIG PRI but that requires an MGCP gateway so if you are running any integrations that do not support MGCP you'll want to go the DMS100 route.  Also, I would recommend integrating with SIP into CUCM if you are on a release higher than 6.1.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any possibility you set the PBX for PRI ?

That will make everythign work easy and smooth.

Troubleshooting E1 R2 is always an arduous task. It requires a lot of skills, time, equipment. It should really be avoided if possible at all.

Thanks for your answer ,

PRI indeed would be awesome, but problem is Nortel PBX does not have license for PRI (that's what Nortel tech guy says) so I'm afraid I have no option on that side.

Sergio.

Ok. To be honest with you, I do not look in depth at E1 R2 traces over the forum anymore.

It is interesting stuff, but without having direct control on the equipment and seeing things personally, it just takes too much time and focus for something done on a best effort basis. I will keep working on E1 R2 for my clients, anyway.

Mucha suerte de todas maneras.

Hi,

Nortel tech guy says that PBX does support PRI... Do you have any guide to integrate Cisco and Nortel with PRI, in order to have caller-id enable as well?

Thanks,

Sergio.

Just configure cisco network side, provide clock, and you will be all set.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Sergio,

Check out the Interop website for guides on how to integrate with the Nortel PBX.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805bd0e4.html

The guides provide guidance on how to configure both the gateway and PBX.

-Felipe

The Cisco Interoperability Portal will get you where you need to go.  Just a side-note with my recent experience with the Nortel CS1000M running V3 software the Nortel PBX cannot do NI2 as a Tie Line for OnNet calling.  You can however do a DMS100 as a Tie Line for OnNet calling which will give you better Caller ID services.  If you can I would suggest a QSIG PRI but that requires an MGCP gateway so if you are running any integrations that do not support MGCP you'll want to go the DMS100 route.  Also, I would recommend integrating with SIP into CUCM if you are on a release higher than 6.1.

Hi Jeremy,

Actually I'm running CUCME version 8.x on 2900 router.  Thanks for the highlights, I will give it a try with dms100

nextdatai_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for your help.  Case is solved.  Nortel side changed the DTI card for a PRI enabled one and I configured Cisco side like this:

isdn switch-type primary-qsig

isdn voice-call-failure 0

voice service pots

supplementary-service qsig call-forward

controller E1 0/3/0

framing NO-CRC4

pri-group timeslots 1-31

description E1 desde PBX para Extensiones

dial-peer voice 4000 pots

description Extensiones PBX Nortel

destination-pattern 4[23]..

direct-inward-dial

port 0/3/0:15

forward-digits all

no sip-register

!

dial-peer voice 4700 pots

destination-pattern 47[01234].

direct-inward-dial

port 0/3/0:15

forward-digits all

no sip-register

I will ask Nortel guy to send me a copy of configuration from Nortel and upload it.

Thanks,

Sergio.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: