Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 with DHCP server on Win Server2003

adewale.ojo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm implementing a UC520 system for a customer, they have an existing infrastructure which are two numbers of 3560 switches and 1841 Router.

They have about 4 different Vlans configured and the workstation vlan is 30 and the voice vlan is 40.

I have a UC 520 that i deployed and the thing is that we need to use the DHCP server in his domain for the data(workstation) network and the voice network,so we need to disable all DHCP services in the UC520.

The Windows DHCP Server is in vlan 50.

I'm also using ESW520 switches here with the UC520.

I would also want to ensure the ip phones can work connecting through the 3560 switches.

I'm not sure how can I do it,

anybody has a document or something on how to do that ?

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To turn off DHCP:

no ip dhcp pool

Do this for all DHCP pools. You can see these by issuing "show run" or "show ip dhcp pool".

To route DHCP requests to the W2K3 server, you will need an ip helper address on all VLAN interfaces other than 50. For example:

interface Vlan40

ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

ip helper-address 2.2.2.2 (IP address of W2K3 server)

Hope this helps.

Brandon

We did something simpler with a new U540 installation recently.  We used the default VLAN for all data and did what Brandon said re turning off DHCP on the UC and all worked well.  DHCP and DNS are coming from Win 2K SBS server and all are happy.  Of course this may mean MORE work because VLAN 50 goes away.

Just a thought

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: