Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connections. Database.error-271

david.wild
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I keep getting the above error when trying to add/delete users and have some other strange issues like not playing messag

es on the first attempt but repeating it works.

When looking at the licensing we get a lot of the followoing errors.

"There was an unexpected failure exectuting a database stored procedure execute procedure UnityDirDb:csp_licenseStatusModify ( pObjectID = '4bd919e0-52d8-4924-87d8-cc919af996ef,pComplianceTime='2010-08-20 10:36:00,828':. Please restart your system or contact support personnel if this failure continues."

The only link i have found implies a lic issue.

Any help appreciated

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Definitely a License issue

It shows that your "Temporary" license has expired;

"There was an unexpected failure exectuting a database stored procedure execute procedure UnityDirDb:csp_licenseStatusModify ( pObjectID = '4bd919e0-52d8-4924-87d8-cc919af996ef,pComplianceTime='2010-08-20 10:36:00,828':. Please restart your system or contact support personnel if this failure continues."

If you have a Permanent license, it needs to be loaded and activated via the UC Admin>Licenses

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Definitely a License issue

It shows that your "Temporary" license has expired;

If you have a Permanent license, it needs to be loaded and activated via the UC Admin>Licenses

Cheers!

Rob

In addition to Rob's comment (+5), if you're on an old version of UC ie: 7.0(x), you may be hitting the nasty database defect mentioned in another post by TAC here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9120  If so, I highly recommend you plan to upgrade; aiming for 7.1(5) or 8.x range of code.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Just to add to Rob's post, when you receive a temporary license it has an expiration date and a compliance date.  The expiration date is the date that the license is no longer "valid"; however, Cisco provides a grace period before the system is impacted by having an invalid, expired license installed.  I don't recall the exact amount of time allowed but I believe it is 30 or possibly 60 days...but the compliance date reflects the expiration + the allowed grace period.  You'll need to contact licensing@cisco.com to obtain a permanent license.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

david.wild
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all for the speedy responses.  I will get on to TAC.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Brad/Hailey,

Excellent info my friends! +5 each here

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: