cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which type of Antenna connectors does the WAP4410N have?

markus_stoneeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I recently purchased a Linksys WAP4410N. While I was surprised how much reach I get out of this thing, I now consider maybe upgrading it with a few better antennas.

I basically just need to know if the antenna connectors are RP TNC or some other standard (like N-type), as I've read through data sheets, googled, and just couldn't find it out.

Thanks.

Regards

Markus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Norrie603
Level 1
Level 1

I have two of these Cisco WAP4410N's with another planned. They are fitted with R-SMA connectors for the three antennae. One of my APs is fitted with

Linksys by Cisco Type HGA7S High-Gain 7dBi Omni-directional aerials to boost the signal path out to a WET200-G5 Ethernet Bridge which also has two HGA7S aerials fitted to it. Results are pretty good. Google HGA7S to find the data sheet for these antennae, although others with Reverse SMA connectors will obviously be suitable too.

Hope this helps?

Regards

Norrie

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Norrie603
Level 1
Level 1

I have two of these Cisco WAP4410N's with another planned. They are fitted with R-SMA connectors for the three antennae. One of my APs is fitted with

Linksys by Cisco Type HGA7S High-Gain 7dBi Omni-directional aerials to boost the signal path out to a WET200-G5 Ethernet Bridge which also has two HGA7S aerials fitted to it. Results are pretty good. Google HGA7S to find the data sheet for these antennae, although others with Reverse SMA connectors will obviously be suitable too.

Hope this helps?

Regards

Norrie

Yeah, thanks, that helped. The HGA7S seems discontinued, they now seem to have the HG7T which is basically the same, but RP-TNC. But I already found some RP SMA to RP TNC adapters, so it's not much of an issue.

Thanks again.

Regards

Markus

Hi Markus... so glad you started this thread, otherwise I would not have known the HGA7S-EU is no longer available! My present plan calls for an ethernet cable to be run in under the floor to eliminate my present WAP4410N to WET200-G5 link, and while I am doing this to run in a second cable to a new 3rd WAP4410N to improve wireless coverage into the garden. The intention was to transfer the 2xHGA7S-EU aerials from the Bridge to the new AP (both are R-SMA connectors) and buy a third (new) HGA7S-EU to complete the set.

Despite some considerable time spent on eBay and all the main UK supplier websites tonight, I cannot find any of these available for sale now. I have posted a Want It Now on eBay to see what turns up. Glad you got a solution to your situation, and many thanks for highlighting this issue for me.

Best regards

Norrie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: