Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 8.0.2 Stored Name

Just upgraded my UC520 to the latest sw pack and when I get message notifications the stored name comes up as "pending".  Prior to the upgrade all external messaged said unknown caller.

How can this be fixed to show the calling party's name?

17 Replies 17

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hmmmmm.....If you want to have caller id enable in CUE for message playback.

CUE CLI:

show voicemail limit <--you will see parameter setting

conf t

voicemail callerid

show voicemail limit <-- you should see callerid enabled.

I confirmed that the voicemail callerid setting is enabled. After a more thorough look at this problem it appears to be related to a strange caller-id issue I am experiencing. About a month ago I posted a new thread but nobody chimed in.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2032809?tstart=0

The symptoms are slightly different now. When a call comes into our main number a blast group is called and then transferred to the AA after the timeout. The calling party name does not show up on the phones until the call is answered.  If the call gets transferred from the AA to a user and then the calling name is shown properly. Once a message is left the correct name is shown in the message notification.

Now if someone's DID is called the calling party name shows up properly before the call is answered.  If this call goes to voicemail, then the calling name in the message notification shows "pending".

Thoughts?

Sounds like you have two problems:

1) "When a call comes into our main number a blast group is called and then  transferred to the AA after the timeout. The calling party name does not  show up on the phones until the call is answered."

CSCta13489 - no caller id name when call comes in to hunt group

Not yet resolved yet. You can track this defect in the Bug Tool Kit. To stress the urgency open a TAC case and refer them to this defect and request that your TAC case be associated with this defect. That way we can properly account how many customer's are running into this issue.

2) "Now if someone's DID is called the calling party name shows up properly  before the call is answered.  If this call goes to voicemail, then the  calling name in the message notification shows "pending"."

What type of notification are you configured for in CUE?  For starters can you get the following CME debugs-

debug voip ccapi inout

debug isdn q931

debug ccsip messages

Thanks,

Anthony

Debug attached.

What type of message notification do you have configured - email/phone/etc?

The debugs were cut short. Can you increase the buffer size or the screen capture logging?

These are email notifications. Attached is an updated debug.

This is something that we need to look deeper on the CME side. Here's the SIP INVITE sent to CUE-

012460: Aug 23 22:14:27.895: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Msg/ccsipDisplayMsg:
Sent:
INVITE sip:600@10.1.10.1:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.1.10.2:5060;x-route-tag="tgrp:ALL_T1E1";branch=z9hG4bKCAA17
Remote-Party-ID: "pending" <97677068>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=off
To: <600>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:14:27 GMT
Call-ID: A11F2623-AE3A11DF-AEA39091-B1B7661E@10.1.10.2
Supported: 100rel,timer,resource-priority,replaces,sdp-anat

I have a feeling it has to do with the ISDN facility message that we're receiving at a later time after the initial ISDN SETUP.

Will let you know.

Thanks,

Anthony

In the mean time can you also attach your configurations excluding all your passwords?

Thanks,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the update. Attached are my configurations. Please let me know if there is any other info you need me to provide.

Cole

Hi Cole,

Can you remove the snr configuration for this ephone-dn and then collect the the following debugs for the same call?

ephone-dn  14  dual-line

number 252 secondary 5617271023
label Cole
description 252
name Cole Beasley
snr 97677068 delay 8 timeout 16 cfwd-noan 600
call-forward busy 600
call-forward noan 600 timeout 20

debug voip ccapi inout

debug isdn q931

debug ccsip   messages

debug voip application

There's going to be a lot of output so save it to the buffer first so there are no line skips.

Thanks,

Anthony

Output attached.

Can you try adding this in the CLI and retest-

sip-ua
  timers buffer-invite 1500

If it fails try adding this and retest-

sip-ua

no remote-party-id

The latter config should make the caller ID "Unknown".

If both still show "pending", get the same requested debugs for both case and the "sh run | s sip-ua" output for each so I know what's configured under sip-ua.

Thanks,

Anthony

sip-ua
  timers buffer-invite 1500

This produced the same "pending" calling party name.

If it fails try adding this and retest-

sip-ua

no remote-party-id

This removed the calling party name all together. Not even "unknown".

Can you capture the debugs for the last two cases along w/ the "show run" right before you place the test calls?

I'm slowly running out of tricks and may need you to open a TAC case to look into this deeper.

Thanks,

Anthony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: