cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What type of sip service should be configure for XO - Static or Dynamic

eoncablewire
Level 3
Level 3

I am reviewing the order and have forgotten which type of service was tested with CCA. I know its eithe Dynamic or Static but I cant remember.

They at least got the single integrated lan port correct (for uc520) but it is currently set for dynamic.

Which should I have them use?

What was tested as the 'certified' configuration?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Registration - choose Dynamic
Handoff - choose integrated SIP / DIA handoff

We tested and certified XO SIP with UC500 as 'integrated'.  Here are our definitions:
Integrated = one LAN port on CPE for both Data/Voice
dedicated = two LAN ports one for data; one for voice

Static has not been tested by XO, only Dynamic and so it is the only method supported by them.
On the hand-off, would recommend integrated voice/data when positioning UC500.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Registration - choose Dynamic
Handoff - choose integrated SIP / DIA handoff

We tested and certified XO SIP with UC500 as 'integrated'.  Here are our definitions:
Integrated = one LAN port on CPE for both Data/Voice
dedicated = two LAN ports one for data; one for voice

Static has not been tested by XO, only Dynamic and so it is the only method supported by them.
On the hand-off, would recommend integrated voice/data when positioning UC500.

Thanks, that is what I wanted to know.

HELLLP! As usual I have been on the phone with XO and they seem to be unable to configure the sip trunks to work with CCA. He says the trunks are dynamic but when I enter the proxy, registrar server, username, and password it doesnt work.

Now they want to go through all this stuff to make it work. I thought it was tested in a dynamic configuration to work with CCA?

The engineer I have now is the SAME one as last year that configured the trunks wrong and I am getting nowhere.

Steve, anyone, who worked on this certified config? I have phones down on friday evening with no hope for connection.

Do I abandon CCA at this point? How can I get XO the 'certified' config for their end?

Thanks,

Johnny

They want me to register each did individually. If that is the case why is the XO sip trunk page in CCA different that what they are requesting?

I thought that when you had to enter each DID and authenticate it under user credentials it was static.

Any help is appreciated.

Now the XO tech manager is telling me that their definition of static matches with the CCA page.

He said registering the trunk with nothing but a single username and password is what they call STATIC.

He said registering each DID individually with a username and password is DYNAMIC.

The only way I can enter in the DID with password is to use the generic SIP.

So which is it?

Any info appreciated.. Thanks

Before Saurabh left, he shared this with the team here:

XO normally provides 2 IP addresses one in Data and one in Voice network. The IP address on the VoIP network is configured to be registered with XO SIP Servers (cannot register using IP address for data). Also, XO blocks VoIP IP address to go out on internet using an access-list on 1841.

Just in case if you run into an issue where XO is trying to transition from “Dedicated” service to “Integrated” service, make sure they open up the ACL to allow VoIP IP address to go out on internet.

The guys that I am working with has the above issue, where he is given separate IP addresses for Data and Voice. If he uses Data, he can access internet, but cannot register to the SIP Proxy server. On the other hand, with Voice IP address, he cannot access internet (hence can’t register to the SIP Proxy).

XO is fixing the issue now.

That is not the problem. The problem is that they want me to register each DID individually which can only be done on the generic sip tab, rather than register the entire trunk which is done on the XO tab in CCA.

We just cant get it to work without using the generic sip setup. Why is that?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: