cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HREAP with web-auth (internal)

fdouble08
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lwap at a remote site that is configured as HREAP so that it can continuously provide connectivity when the WLC is un-reachable.  I have two vlans on the lwap.  One is locally authenticated and locally switched for intranet connectivity.  The other is for internet connectivity and I wanted that one to be locally switched, but authenticate at the WLC.  When I configure the WLAN as HREAP - locally switched, it doesn't work.  If I configure the WLAN as non-HREAP it works.  Anyone know what the trick is to get this thing to work?  I want my internet wlan at that site to be locally switched but centraly authenticated.  My WLC only seems to have a selection for HREAP - Local switching, it doesn't have anything you would check to specify central authentication.

My WLC (2106)  is version 6.0.182.0 and my lwap is an 1142n.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

THrynyk
Level 1
Level 1

In the first document:

Q. Can I do web authentication with Local switching?

Yes, you can have an SSID with web−authentication enabled and drop the traffic locally after
web−authentication. Web−authentication with Local switching works fine.

1.  WLAN, (wlan you want to local switch), Advanced tab, click the "H-REAP Local Switching" checkbox.

2.  Wireless, (click the h-reap modify), H-REAP tab, click "Vlan Support", Vlan Mappings button, then map the wlan to vlan you want to drop traffic onto.

Also, for wan up/local switched wlans authentication still happens on the controller until the h-reap goes into wan down.  WLANs default to central switching, you have to define the ones which need to be locally switched as described above.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card