cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need info to order WCS

spfister336
Level 2
Level 2

We're looking to add a WCS server sometme in the near future. One of the features we're looking to use is generating heat maps. Can the standard version do this, or do we need the plus version. The plus version is needed to support the location appliance, correct? Does the plus version add anything to the heat maps, more accuracy?

7 Replies 7

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

The standard version will provide you heat maps.

Location appliance will provide you additionally the location on the heat maps of the clients (computers / ip devices) connected to your network. The heat map precisicion is the same on both versions. If you like you can calibrate and get the accuracy better but you can do this from any WCS flavor.

One last question on this... apparently, someone here has ordered 3 copies of something. They came in 3 separate white cardboard mailers with "Prod. #: WCS-STANDARD-K9" on the outside. Inside is a CD ("Cisco End User License and Warranty/Cisco Information Packet") and a license certificate that has "entitlement quantity" of 1 for WCS-STANDARD-K9 and WCS-PLUS-50...Is this actually three copies of the server license? Or is it just AP licenses?

This could be 3 orders of WCS plus with 50 AP count.

It will all depend of the PAK, is it a different PAK number?

In that case, it will mean that 3 WCS copies were ordered with 50 AP each.

You could use then 1 WCS with 150 AP count if that is what you are looking for to get, and return the 2 other WCS-STANDARD.

If you need to install WCS on 3 different servers (with different hostnames) then you will need the 3 copies.

Find out what you need and contact your reseller to sort this out, before you activate all the copies.

I see... each mailer's certificate card has one single PAK... If it were three separate servers, would there be a PAK for the server and another one for the 50 AP plus licenses?

So that means you have 3 WCS plus servers with 50 AP count.

You could either install WCS on 3 different servers with 50 AP each, or on 1 WCS server and 150 AP count.

I see, so each PAK refers to an individual server license and the 50 plus AP licenses don't have a separate PAK, correct? Just wanted to recap... I haven't installed or activated anything yet. I'll let them know here what's going on.

Thanks!

Yes!

And post us here the results so we know how this was resolved!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card