cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Initial SLM2024 Problem

grenadadoc
Level 1
Level 1

I just received my brand new SLM2024 managed switch.  I connected my laptop to the switch via cable (turned off my wireless connection), opened up FireFox and entered 192.168.1.254 into the address bar.   No response.  I tried several ports on the SLM2024, all w/ the same result.  On the laptop, I did see connection speed at 1Gbps.  On ipconfig /all, the computer IP address was something to effect of  XXX.XXX.113.39 w/ subnet 255.255.0.0 and gateway IP same as the laptop's IP address  (this is nothing similar to my internal network, and the SLM2024 wasn't connected to the network at this point anyhow).  Of note, the wired LAN port on the laptop is set to receive an IP address via DHCP.  I rebooted the switch, and still got the same result.   I depressed the reset button for > 10 sec, still the same results.

Any ideas/suggestions?  Without being able to access the switch, I cannot place it into my network and use the product.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

George----I believe if you assign a static IP address to your laptop something like 192.168.1.200 you should be able to access the switch after this. Give this a try and see how it goes.

THANKS

Rick Roe

Thanks,  that solved the problem.  Reading the documentation that came w/ the switch, I assumed it would set the IP for the laptop wired port.

Again thanks...