Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS cannot add PIX/ASA in software repository

ashley_dew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can see that LMS in RME Software Management cannot add PIX/ASA software saying not supported.

Any configuration issues.

I have got another problem. CiscoWorks LMS need to download IOS on cisco router, the process fails in RME Software Mgt. But the LMS is nated when it goes through the router.

i guess the script does not know the natted ip when running it on the router. If there is a way that I can specify the natted IP of the LMS. Fortunately, it is a nated static IP.

Thanks,

Ashley

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, DFM doesn't need to know about NAT to manage a device.  However, it does need to be able to ping the managed IP address.  If this cannot happen, DFM will leave the device in a questioned state.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME does support PIX/ASA software upgrades.  You should be able to add those images to the software repository.  Where are you seeing that something is not supported?  Exactly what steps are you performing?

For NAT support, you can add the static NAT'd IP of the LMS server under RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices > Edit Attributes for a given device.

Hi Joseph,

Thx for your reply.

I have added these devices in RME from Device Discovery in CS with a seed list. Imported them fine, then with RME on auto-mode it has imported them automatically from DCR base.

Then, I have launched a RME>Software Mgt>Software Repository, Device, all devices. Worked fine with switches and routers but not the firewall.

Ashley

The navigation path you indicate does not exist.  Please post screenshots illustrating what you are doing and the error you encounter.

Hi Joseph,

It is working fine. My mistake, issue with TFTP source interface.

However, I had got a small issue.

I have got a cisco router which RME accesses with ip natted ip, which you have indicated and It is working fine with RME. RME can manage the router perfectly.

However, DFM is leaving this router in questioned mode. So, the SNMP Credentials must be ok since it is good with RME.

Do I have to specify the Natted DFM ip as well for this router? Or something else must be done.

No, DFM doesn't need to know about NAT to manage a device.  However, it does need to be able to ping the managed IP address.  If this cannot happen, DFM will leave the device in a questioned state.

You are right. After I allowed ICMP and the LMS

server could ping the router, everything is fine. DFM added the device.

Thanks very much for your precious help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: