Views
Helpful
Replies

Line Configuration in IP Phone

ullasmoopz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 10 fxo port configured in H.323 in CUCM6. My doubt is can I forward call comming to these ports to a single DN (like receptionist) in 7960 which got six lines or do I need to configure 10 defferent DN for each lines and forward the call to them.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You said you had CUCM6.

You can use just 1 DN, so just adjust the maximum number of calls to +10 and busy trigger also to +10 value.

It works both ways, you can also have 6 DNs in the phone and distribute the calls between them.

It really depends on how you want/need to configure it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

With h323 you will need to use dial peers and translations to accomplish this, You may also want to use hunt groups for your receptionst setup.

You can use Connection plar opx XXXX to send the incoming calls on a specific fxo to a Ext assigned to a phone.

EX

Voice-port 0/1/0

connection plar opx 1111

1111 being the ext on the receptionist line.  This is for a single line.

If you want to send all calls to the receptionist and you have 10 DID's on the 10 FXO ports then you may want to setup a hunt group and setup 6 lines on the ip phone on the hunt group.  This will depend on how you want this setup.  You can accomplish many different setups.  You could send to 1-6 exts on the ip phone.

If you need help with the config please post your current config.

HTH, if so please rate.below

Regards,

Justin

Thank You your Replay.

You said setting "connection plar" to the required ext. But we had CUE and the plar number is CUE number. I want to know how many call that a 7960 ip phone can take at a time(calls connected and call waiting) by using a single DN. Can it be 6 calls at a time(if that is possible how is the configuration). Or do I need to add 6 DNs inorder to get 6 call simultaneously.

I added my current configuration below.

You said you had CUCM6.

You can use just 1 DN, so just adjust the maximum number of calls to +10 and busy trigger also to +10 value.

It works both ways, you can also have 6 DNs in the phone and distribute the calls between them.

It really depends on how you want/need to configure it.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

thank for your efforts guys

regards,

Ullas