cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Background Sound in a call

ullasmoopz
Level 1
Level 1

I need to add background sound (sound like "beep") to the call that taking place (in CUCM or CME) and the sound must be recorded when the calls are recording. The calls are from outside (from pstn). Is there anyway that I can do it.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

CME and CUMC will not do that.

The recording platform that I use, supports file digital watermarking to proof against tampering.

You should ask your recording platform vendor for the same.

View solution in original post

In CM, you can use the Annuciator service (I think).

In CME, the B-ACD prompts.

It also depends on the call flow, at which point the announcement has to be played.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

You can setup call recording using CUCM, I cannot recall if the beep is actually recorded.

http://www.ciscosystems.cg/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsmr.html

HTH, Please rate if so

Regards,

Justin

thank for your replay.

I have 3rd party recording software. All I need is to add background sound to the call that taking place so that I can record it along with call. I need this background sound for security reasons (like a proof as the voice files are not edited). So is there any option to add background sound to the calls using CME or CUCM.

CME and CUMC will not do that.

The recording platform that I use, supports file digital watermarking to proof against tampering.

You should ask your recording platform vendor for the same.

After many many searching I also came to the same conclusion. Thank you for your efforts guys.

Regards,

Ullas.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Thank You everybody for your answers... :-)

One more thing that I need your help. I need to add an announcement. (e.g.: this  call will be recorded for quality purpose) before the recording starts in a live record environment.

Regards

Ullas.

In CM, you can use the Annuciator service (I think).

In CME, the B-ACD prompts.

It also depends on the call flow, at which point the announcement has to be played.

I have CME so trying B-ACD prompts. Really thank you for your support Paolo

regards,

Ullas.

No problem, thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: