cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

if i have more than 100,000 translation pattern in my CUCM cluster v7.1.3 does it have impact on my servers (MCS 7845)

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

if i have about 100,000 translation pattern in my CUCM cluster v7.1.3 does it have impact on my servers (MCS 7845)

in term of processing, memory and capacity and what is the max numbers of Translation pattern i can create.

regards,

Ibrahim Chehouri

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Again, Aaron has provided the correct solution above.

TP for each DID range is not a problem whatsoever.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please explain the meaning and need of having 100,000 translation patterns.

i have a cluster in my main site and iam planning to have centralized call processing for 300 branches (SRST will be used on each site gateway). the customer requested to have access codes between sites. the way to do that is to put each site phones in their partition and restrict the calls between sites through CSS. then create translation pattern to strip the code and send the call to the correct partition (plus adding the prefix of the calling number so that the called number will see it comming from different branch)

since we have 320 braches then we require to have 320 TP for each site because each TP is from specific site to specific distination so we have like full mesh.

i tested this solution in a lab setup between three branches. but for 320 branches we require 320x320 which is more than 100,000 TP

regards,

Ibrahim Chehouri

Hi

Do it the other way - rather than translate everything, make the DNs longer - site prefix + extension.

So instead of having 1234 on partition 55, have 551234.

If dialling short numbers is important within a site, you can have a local translation pattern to map 1xxx to 551xxx in the example above for each site.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

i can't make the extension longer since the customer do not want to change their extensions and we already have DID ranges in diffeent branches with 4 digit extension numbers.

i am wondring if the TP way i mentioned is recomemded and whether there will be load on the CUCM servers or i there are different ways to do that

regards,

Ibrahim

Aaron is correct in his reply above (that I have rated), no true UC professional would even think of having a configuration with translations growing exponentially.

He also explained how to mantain short numbers locally.

In cases like this you have to be very cautious and conservative, having a solid working system is more important than making customer happy.

thanks bevilacqua and Aaron for the reply.

i agree with what Aaron suggested but it is not that easy to add the access code to be part of the number since we have multiple places with DID numbers. in this way i have also to create TP for each DID range in order to call and receive calls. what is the recomemdation for my case. what kind of solution is usualy provided for such big number of branches (note: the main site hosts the CUCM cluster and all branches register to it)

regards,

Ibrahim

Again, Aaron has provided the correct solution above.

TP for each DID range is not a problem whatsoever.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: