cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST gateway and unity express at the same time

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

i have CUCM cluster with 6 MCS 7845 servers and i am planning to have 320 branches so that the users will register to the cluster and the gateways will be configured as SRST.

Can i have my branch gateways as SRST and CUE (for branch users) at the same time? and in case the WAN is down and users are registered to the SRST gateway, will CUE keep working fine?

regards,

Ibrahim chehouri

8 Replies 8

auppal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes CUE can process the calls but should be configured with appropriate user info.The planning question is where are the phones going for voice mail when they are not in SRST ? Unity or CUE if unity then in SRST obviously CUE will not have any knowledge about the Unity users if CUE then is CUE registered to CUCM via jtapi if so then in SRST it will still process the calls all you have to do is send a sip invite to the CUE address and for mwi keep it unsolicited and have CME subscribe to CUE for MWI.

Let me know if this helps.

Thnx

Ankur Uppal

CCIE Voice 25875

the phones are only using CUE when they are registered to CUCM and when in SRST. Do i need to connect CUCM with CUE? if yes how and if no how i can reference the voice mail for the user in case he is registered to CUCM and in case registered with the SRST gateway. note that CUE exist on the same SRST gateway.

regards,

Ibrahim

Hi Ibrahim,

Yes you will need to register it to CUCM use this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a0080289ef0.shtml

you may have to change the license file of cue to support CUCM. To change the license of the cue use the following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_0/install/upglic.html

When you integrate for mwi use mwi unsolicited and on the SRST router use the mwi server command so that CME gets MWI info from CUE during SRST.

Thanks

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

if i have a license for my CUE with CME, does changing the license file require repurchasing from Cisco or how?

regards,

Ibrahim

No, you can decide the mode at installation time.

you can download it from cco i think its free but i am not sure about it

Thanks

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just chiming in here, that with UMG 8.0 and CUE 8.0, we have survivability of Unity voicemails over to CUE.  So subscriber configuration and voicemails are centralized and pushed out to the CUE modules, maintaining a mostly seemless user experience when users are in a Unity-down situation.

Traditionally, Unity and CUE weren't able to synchronize voicemails before this.

Steven, that's great news.  YAY!!!

Now to figure out how to sell two voicemail boxes per user

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: