cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 - test voice port command syntax

speakeasy51
Level 1
Level 1

In the CCA 2.2.5 PCM Capture feature, I can enter '50/0/10' into the "Voice Port" and generate pcm.dat.

However the CLI 'test voice port' command does not accept '50/0/10'. What is the correct CLI syntax to use ?

UC520#test voice port ?
   <0-50>  Voice interface slot #
UC520#test voice port 50/?
   <0-0>  Voice interface SubUnit #
UC520#test voice port 50/0/?
   <5-56>  Voice interface port # within vic

UC520#test voice port 50/0/10 ?
% Unrecognized  command

I am using ver.15.0(1)XA3a.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

Any voice port that starts w/ 50/x/x are virtual voice ports  representing the IP phones (ephones). Although they are "voice-ports"  from CME's perspective they are not your traditional voice ports that  invoke a DSP since that call leg is IP. Since there are no DSP's invoked from  CME's perspective  you can't capture PCM traces for  voice ports that start w/ 50/x/x. The PCM tool is a DSP specific tool. If you want to capture an audio sample  of a call for the call leg of the IP phone you can use Wireshark, Cain  & Able, Commview, etc.

Another note is that once you create a valid PCM.dat file you need to open a TAC case and have them decode the file for you.

Thanks,

Anthony

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

Any voice port that starts w/ 50/x/x are virtual voice ports  representing the IP phones (ephones). Although they are "voice-ports"  from CME's perspective they are not your traditional voice ports that  invoke a DSP since that call leg is IP. Since there are no DSP's invoked from  CME's perspective  you can't capture PCM traces for  voice ports that start w/ 50/x/x. The PCM tool is a DSP specific tool. If you want to capture an audio sample  of a call for the call leg of the IP phone you can use Wireshark, Cain  & Able, Commview, etc.

Another note is that once you create a valid PCM.dat file you need to open a TAC case and have them decode the file for you.

Thanks,

Anthony

Thanks for the reply.

What is the underlying command(s) that UC500 'PCM Capture' feature uses to do the capture ?

# Configure this in config t to create a buffer and a file to store the capture-
voice hpi cap buff 1000000
voice hpi cap dest flash:pcm.dat

# Start the PCM capture
test voice port x/x/x pcm cap 7 duration 30

# Display PCM capture stats while it's active
show voice hpi capture

# Stop the PCM capture
test voice port x/x/x pcm dis

# Remove the buffer and file capture
no voice hpi cap dest flash
no voice hpi cap buff

The commands are the same for an ISR.

Thanks,

Anthony

Hello,

I am still getting error on my UC520 ...

UC520#test voice port 50/0/10 ?
% Unrecognized  command

Does it mean the UC520 IOS software ver.15.0(1)XA3a do not support the voice port '50/0/10' command syntax ?

What software version you are running ?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Pretty much you can't capture PCM traces for voice-ports that begin w/ 50/0/x. These voice ports represent the IP phones registered to your CME. If you want to capture audio to/from IP phones use Wireshark.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Anthony,

Thanks for your response.

If ver.15.0(1)XA3a.does not support voice port that begins with '50/x/x' , then how does the CCA 2.2.5 does the PCM capture ?

The pcm capture tool is used to capture audio for other voice ports - e.g. FXO, FXS, T1 CAS, T1 PRI.

--

Anthony

Hello Anthony,

CCA 2.2.5 SBCS System Administrator Guide - page 521 specifically says user can use the feature on ip phone extension .....

For example, if the output in the Active Call Table displays the following for the call

set up between extension 201 and extension 209 and extension 201 is

experiencing the problem, then voice port 50/0/10 would be used for the PCM

capture.

1227 : 26 1118849120ms.1 +2710 pid:20006

Answer 201 active

dur 00:00:06 tx:131/31280 rx:130/31200

Tele 50/0/10

(26) [50/0/10.0] tx:2620/2620/0ms g711ulaw

noise:0 acom:0 i/0:0/0 dBm

1227 : 27 1118849600ms.1 +2220 pid:20034

Originate 209 active

dur 00:00:06 tx:130/31200 rx:130/31200

Tele 50/0/18

(27) [50/0/18.0] tx:2600/2600/0ms g711ulaw

noise:0 acom:0 i/0:0/0 dBm

STEP 4

In the Voice Port field, enter the port identifier that you want to perform the

capture on (for example, 50/0/10.

STEP 5

Click Begin.

When you click

Begin:

CCA issues these commands to set the capture buffer and specify the

destination file for the capture (the file pcm.dat on the UC 500 flash).

voice hpi capture buffer 5000000

voice hpi capture destination flash:pcm.dat

The system begins writing PCM data to the file pcm.dat on the UC 500 flash.

STEP 6

When you are ready to stop the capture, click End and Save.

STEP 7

Save the pcm.dat capture file.

After you save the file, it is removed from the flash. The size of the capture file

varies, depending on the actions performed on the call.

I did try that and it works as described above.

Thanks for catching that in our documentation. I'll forward your comments to our doc writers to correct.

Although CCA produces the pcm.dat file there's not going to be anything of value in the file. Like you noticed if you entered the "test voice port 50/0/x" command from the CLI it didn't take. The same for CCA which you can see when you press F2 and click on "Begin"-

++: DEBUG:  : PCM Capture CLI:test voice port 50/0/13 pcm-dump caplog 7
++: DEBUG:  : PCM Capture CLI Result:
test voice port 50/0/13 pcm-dump caplog 7
                ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
++: DEBUG:  : *** PCM Capture START.
Enabled display of timestamps in Console
Enabled display of CLIs in Console

The reason why CCA still produces a pcm.dat file is b/c when you prep the pcm tool and enter the "voice hpi capture destination:pcm.dat" command in config t, it creates a pcm.dat file. Only until you execute the "test voice port" command will the pcm.dat file capture audio samples.

Thanks,

Anthony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: