Views
Helpful
Replies

To Stop SQL Replication on the Primary Unity Server

Muhammad Irfan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

We have cisco unity 4.2 in failover mode. We want to change the OS from 2000 to 2003 of both unity servers. I am changing the OS first for secondary server and following the steps mentioned on below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/upgrade/guide/ex/ru_130.html#wp1227467

For the first step I have to stop replication on primary server but I am getting error after step 3.

Right-click the Replication node, and click Configure Publishing, Subscribers, and Distribution. The Configure Publishing and Distribution wizard appears.

When I click this option I got an notification that "SQL Server replication does not support nicknmae such as "." or "local" as server name.

Delete SQL server registration for this server and register it using the actual name.

Kindly help m to solve this issue.

BR

Muhammad Irfan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

The replication is configured as part of the installation of the Unity server and setup of failover; the steps are far too well documented and long to repeat here. Just follow the manual...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Muhammad Irfan
Level 1
Level 1

Please find attached the screen short.

Hi

In SQL Ent Manager, right click the 'local' server and click 'delete server registration'. It will then disappear...

NExt, right click the 'SQL Server Group' and click 'New REgistration'. Enter the name of the server, and select 'Windows Authentication'. Hit OK and the server will reappear in the console but listed as name rather than 'local' and you will be able to access replication.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

could this impact the running operation? please confirm. any down time required?

BR

Hi

No - you are just deleting the registration of the SQL server to the management tools; so it doesn't interupt anything at all.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for guidence,

Now I am not getting the said error, but still could find below option when I click the Configure Publishing, Subscribers, and Distribution option.

Step 5 On the Select Distributor page, click Next.

Step 6 On the Specify Snapshot Folder page, click Next.

Step 7 In the SQL Server Enterprise Manager dialog box, click Yes.

Step 8 On the Customize the Configuration page, click Next.

Step 9 On the Completing page, click Finish.

Step 10 In the SQL Server Enterprise Manager dialog box, click OK.

Step 11 In the SQL Server Enterprise Manager dialog box, click Close.

Step 12 In the left pane of the Console Root window, right-click the Replication node, and click Disable Publishing. The Disable Publishing and Distribution wizard appears.

Kindly advise.

However moving forward I have disabled the publishing, Kindlt let me know after installaing the secondary server I have to re-enable the publishing and what

step need to be take care.

BR

Muhammad Irfan

Hi

The replication is configured as part of the installation of the Unity server and setup of failover; the steps are far too well documented and long to repeat here. Just follow the manual...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: