Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with the WLC4402

martin_knorre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've got some troubles with the WLC 4402 for some days. I have a Lab with the Management VLAN 10 in the range of 192.168.1.128/27. The WLC Management interface has the 192.168.1.137 and the AP Manager has the .138, I have two VLANs with two SSIDs, one for the normal clients the other for Voice WLan phones. The Voice VLAN int is 192.168.1.217, the Callmanager has the .218, and the VLAN 11 on the WLC has the .219. I have also set the primary DHCP server to the .141(thats a W2k3 Server with defined scopes). But when I try to connect the phone, nothing happens. I see a DHCP Discover from the VLAN interface .219 from the WLC.

Have you some ideas?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards Martin

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Martin,

Per best practices:

It is important to avoid configuring a           dynamic interface in the same sub network as a server that has to be reachable           by the controller CPU, for example a RADIUS server, as it might cause           asymmetric routing issues.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a0080810880.shtml

If you move the CM to a different VLAN, or remove that dynamic interface and put your phones on a differnet VLAN, they should be able to register

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Stephen,

every VLAN is on a different SUbnetwork,

I forgot to tell, the mask for the Voice VLAN is /29. Therefore everything is on his own subnet.

But thanks for you help ;-)

And it's not only a voice problem, its a general one, because the clients can't lease a address from the DHCP, regardless of the VLAN.

Martin,

From how you descried VLAN 10, I figured they were at least /27 for your lab.  What I was working off of was :The Voice VLAN int is 192.168.1.217, the Callmanager has the .218, and the VLAN 11 on the WLC has the .219.:

If the voice vlan is a /29, then the .218 on teh WLC is in the same subnet as teh .219 for the CM.  This is the overlap that I was referring to, if you put the WLC or the CM in a different subnet, the phones should register.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Ok, I get it

But the problem is not, that the phones have no connection to the CM, the whole WLAN doesn't work. I cannot connect with a client, because I get no IP address from the DHCP Server.

But I will try to set up the lab again and maybe this resolves the problems.

Thanks

Martin  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: