cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade

christianojum
Level 1
Level 1

I want to upgrade CUCM 4.1(3) to CUCM 7.1(2) but I'm confused on waht an what to purchase. I will appreciate if anyone can assist me on this.

Regards,

Chris

4 Replies 4

philip.e.denton
Level 3
Level 3

Christian,

I'd really suggest you give your local Cisco partner a call.  They'll be able to walk you through the whole process of evaluating both your software and hardware needs in relation to your business requirements.

I know that's a cop-out answer, but without very specific business/technical background/requirements it's pretty hard to answer your question in an online forum like this.

Phil

Phil,

I really appreciate your quick response. The challange I'm actually facing is not on the hardware requirement. The challange is that it is not clear to me the licences, support contract etc that I need to purchase for the upgrade. If you have information on this you can provide, just assume that there is no hardare limitations.

Regards,

Christian.

Are you up to date on all your support and maintenance contracts (SMARTNet and ESW)?  If you have a current ESW contract you should be able to upgrade for free.  If you e-mail licensing@cisco.com they can verify your coverage (by providing serial or contract numbers) and provide you the licenses you need to process the upgrade.  They will simply look at what your current rights are and give you the 7.x equivalent.

I have to repeat though:  Engage a Cisco partner to have this discussion.  This forum can give you advice and guidance but what you're asking is like asking us to help you pick what color to paint your house without ever having seen it.  Bad metaphor but upgrading CallManager is NOT a DITY job!

Philip is absolutely right above (post rated).

End users cannot do absolutely anything on the matter of upgrading CUCM without support from an official, UC qualified Cisco Partner.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: