Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CUBE Gatekeeper and CVP together

b.zont
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to add a CUBE to terminate the SIP PSTN trunks in an existing environment. They have CVP 4.1 but will be upgraded to 7.x before the CUBE deployement. I will use a 3945 with IOS 15.001. They have a gatekeeper for call routing.

I want to know if anybody has any experience of the below call flow and if I may come up with any problems ?

PSTN ----> SIP -----> CUBE ----> Gatekeeper -------> CVP

\

\

Callmanager

I will probably need to use MTP ( Software on CUBE ). But as the connection from callmanager will not be directly to the CUBE, I think I should check the MTP Required box in the existing Gatekeeper controlled Trunk. Would this cause any issues  ?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

When using CUBE I've run come accross DTMF relay issues, specifically when the SIP carrier uses RFC2833.  The best solution I've found when forwarding DTMF to any of the contact center products is to use a hardware transcoder and not a software MTP. This means you should plan for extra DSP resources in your router to handle the media termination to your CVP.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. But my question is, if the flow I mentioned may have any problems. At the moment They have two 3825 routers where the ISDN-30 lines terminate. They are also VXML gateways and they all use gatekeeper. I will be replacing one of the 3825 with a 39xx router whihc will terminate the new SIP PSTN trunk and will be used also as voice xml gateway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: