cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Poor man's paging

cjohannes
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CallManager 6.1.3.  We are also running a version of Cistera (for those not familliar it's a 3rd party solution for zone paging over IP phones).  I'm running into an issue w/ Cistera and 7965 phones locking up.  We are working on rebuilding the Cistera box, but of coursr PO's work orders are holding this process up.  In the mean time I need to know if you can force several 7960 series to pick up at the same time.  My idea was to add a common DN to all the phones in the paging group.  Set the DN to auto pick up on speaker phone, and place a speed dial on the main "paging" phone to dial to the DN w/ the auto pick up.  The issue is only one phone at a time will pick up the page.  Is there a way to have every phone auto pick up?  It's a long shot, but I'm trying.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's expected and is something you cannot do with shared lines.

Shared Line Restrictions

The following restrictions apply to shared lines:

•Do not use  shared lines for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console  pilot points or hunt group members. The phone that acts as the  attendant console supports shared lines.

•Do not use shared-line  appearances on any Cisco Unified IP Phone that requires autoanswer  capability and do not turn on auto answer for a shared-line appearance.

•Do not  configure shared-line appearances on the primary lines of the phones;  for example, if two phones have a shared-line appearance, only one of  the phones should have the primary line configured as shared (the other  phone should have the secondary line configured as shared).

Some other had proposed using a broadcast line group + auto-answer, but the outcome will be exactly the same as what you got with your test.

Paging is not something CUCM can do.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's expected and is something you cannot do with shared lines.

Shared Line Restrictions

The following restrictions apply to shared lines:

•Do not use  shared lines for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console  pilot points or hunt group members. The phone that acts as the  attendant console supports shared lines.

•Do not use shared-line  appearances on any Cisco Unified IP Phone that requires autoanswer  capability and do not turn on auto answer for a shared-line appearance.

•Do not  configure shared-line appearances on the primary lines of the phones;  for example, if two phones have a shared-line appearance, only one of  the phones should have the primary line configured as shared (the other  phone should have the secondary line configured as shared).

Some other had proposed using a broadcast line group + auto-answer, but the outcome will be exactly the same as what you got with your test.

Paging is not something CUCM can do.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

SingleWire Software's InformaCast ftw!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: