Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 on Solaris 10 - GSS archive sync problem

josefribeiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 4 GSS devices configured within my LMS 3.1 server. The devices where entered manually and their inventories were successfully collected. The problem happens when I try to Archive Sync them.

I create an RME Archive Sync job checking only the four devices. The job takes forever to finish (5 to 7 hours) and always fails.

The devices are reachable and all RME packages regarding GSS have been downloaded and installed.The GSS devices are running version 3.1.1.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

Jose Ribeiro

3 Replies 3

josefribeiro
Level 1
Level 1

I have an update. The job now actually finishes after the configured timeout (3 minutes). But the configuration archive still fails.

josefribeiro
Level 1
Level 1

New update... I've looked around and found out a document that suggests configuring the GSS terminal lenght to 0, so there would be no pauses when the configuration is too long.

I did that, saved the new config and ran a new job. Still not successful.

Can anyone, please, suggest something else?

Thanks

Jose Ribeiro

This issue was solved by upgrading to LMS 3.2. After the upgrade I had no more issues upgrading the GSS devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: