cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N 802.1x EAP

xjoshx
Level 1
Level 1

The documentation for the 4410N states it supports 802.1x however, all I see is to configure 802.1x using mac address or using uername and password.

Does the 4410N support 802.1x using EAP? If so how is it configured? Thanks!!

1 Reply 1

Boudewijn Plomp
Level 1
Level 1

Yesteday I have configured the WAP4410N with 802.1x Authentication. I have successfully connected Windows 8 and an iPad. 

This is my setup:

Supplicants: Windows 8 / iPad

Authenticator: WAP4410N

Authentication Server: Microsoft NAP (Network Access Protection)

I used 802.1x PEAP (Protected EAP) with passord (domain user) authentication. In fact, the suplicants communicate with 802.1x to with WAP4410N. The WAP4410N communicate with RADIUS with NAP. To accomplish this you have to configure de SSID Security to WAP2 Enterprise, and configure an RADIUS Server (which is the Authentication Server, in my case Microsoft NAP).

I configured serveral so called connection and access policies. Although I could succesfully authenticate, I was unable to designate a suplicant (such as iPad) to another VLAN. The client always connect to the VLAN as configured in the WAP4410N. I think it is not possible, but I am still to find out. And, I was not able to enable NAP Health Policies with Windows. That does not work yet.

I hope this information was usefull to you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: