UCCX8 - script that reads XML file failing, used to work fine in UCCX 5 and 7

Unanswered Question
Aug 23rd, 2010

I have a existing script that I've used many times before to read a simple XML file to check open hours for a queue. In both UCCX 5 and 7

I loaded up all my same scripts, documents , structure, etc..

When I run script I get the below error.

The error implies its a security problem but I also wonder if it could simply be a incorrect directory structure as well

I have the document located in the repository under en\GlobalDocuments\HolidayDatesWithHours.xml

Is there a differnet way we need to reference documents in UCCX 8 than 5 or 7

I think I doing it correctly, using the CreateFileDocument and CreateXMLDocument steps, NOT trying to access the filesystem directly

Do I need to use forward slashes in the file path for UCCX 8 ,

Any ideas where to look.  This same error appears wherever in my script that I'm trying to read a XML file. different scripts as well so it seems that I'm doing something consistently wrong that used to work correctly on multiple UCCX 5&7 servers in the past.

527258: Aug 23 14:19:36.635 CDT %MIVR-SECURITY_MGR-2-SECURITY_VIOLATION:Security violation: Permission Name=.\documents\user\en\GlobalDocuments\\HolidayDatesWithHours.xml,Permission Action=read,Application=TrainingQueue,Script=CoreBTS-QueueScript.aef,Step id=437,Step Class=com.cisco.wfframework.obj.WFBeanStep,Step Description=boolTrueFalse = objFile.exists(),Expression=null,Exception=java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission .\documents\user\en\GlobalDocuments\\HolidayDatesWithHours.xml read)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
billybjo1 Mon, 08/23/2010 - 14:16

I had similar problems. My old script had:

Doc = Create XML Document (FILE[C:\filename.xml])

My new one had:

Doc = Create XML Document (DOC[filename.xml])

bvanbenschoten Mon, 08/23/2010 - 18:38

do you know if you could have a path variable inside the  DOC[filename.xml] like DOC[VariablePathName\filename.xml]

billybjo1 Tue, 08/24/2010 - 01:38

It should be fine, I assume you mean to reference the full location of your files such as:

Or you could use a document variable such as:

docVariable = DOC[en\GlobalDocuments\HolidayDateWithHours.xml]

then in the script reference that:

doc = Create XML Document (docVariable)

This Discussion