cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup IMAP for CUCMBE to check Voicemail Messages

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all, I have a CUCMBE installation and have a ton of Voice Messages in our "UndeliverableMessagesMailbox". When I try to check the mailbox by dialing the extension, the pin that I have reset a number of times, will not work and gives me an "invalid entry".

Moving forward, the amount that I need to check is huge and I thought possible checking the VM's via IMAP is the way to go.

Can anyone give me any steps in setting IMAP up? It does not need to be neat I just need to access these Voice Messages.

Here is my info:

Cisco Unified CM Administration System version: 6.1.3.2000-1

Cisco Unity Connection version: 2.1.3ES23.1000-23

Thanks for the help,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IMAP access if first enabled via the Class of Service assigned to a subscriber - so you must take care of that first.  Then, take a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac050.html#IMAP_Client_Access_to_Voice_Messages

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IMAP access if first enabled via the Class of Service assigned to a subscriber - so you must take care of that first.  Then, take a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac050.html#IMAP_Client_Access_to_Voice_Messages

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

David is correct (rated) but IMAP integration can be tricky so reply if you get stuck.

Thanks guys.....David was correct I never would have thought to look in COS. Enabled

IMAP in Class of Service and I'm able to pulls VM's!

Thanks,

Dan!

Good deal. It's actually not too tricky IMO. However, many people get confused when looking at the System and Administration guides because a lot of information regarding SMTP and IMAP are lumped together in the same section of documentation and they should likely be handled separately from a documentation perspective. Glad to hear all is well.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: