cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Desktop Agent Updates

Jay Cambell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a newbie to Contact Call center. I running version 7. When I download the client from the server it requests updates to the client (Desktop Agent). Where is the client (Desktop Agent) getting the updates from?   Is it coming from the server or cisco?  How can I verify it? 

4 Replies 4

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

It's stored locally on the UCCX server.

C:\Program Files\wfavvid\tomcat_appadmin\TUP\CAD i believe (should be

close to that)..

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 8:24 PM, dcnetworkengineer

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Does the server automatically look for updates then download it to this location?

Hi

No - the updates are made available only when you apply upgrades or SRs. So base 7.0.1 release would just have the initial install, but if you install a Service Release you will probably find a 'CAD Clients Service Release.msi' file at the location Tanner mentioned.

You don't always get a new CAD SR when you install a new UCCX SR, but you usually do. Check if the CAD versions have changed on the UCCX Compatibility sheet when planning any upgrades if you need to know (i.e. if you push out the MSIs via a desktop management system...) http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

joesnyde
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jay,

A little more to add, the file update.exe this runs from the Agent PC where CAD is installed (C:\Program Files\Common Files\CAD\bin) and runs a check against the server version, then returns with an update if one is available.

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: