I have an SGE2000 (latest firmware, 184.108.40.206, boot 2.0.0.03) on which I'm trying to configure some VLANs. After having defaulted the configuration to factory settings, I've performed the following steps:
- Set the operating mode to Layer 3
- Set the stacking mode to Standalone
- Connected via web interface (192.168.1.254, VLAN 1)
- Created VLAN 1000 "Test VLAN"
- Assigned ports 13, 14 and 15 to VLAN 1000 (untagged)
- Added IPv4 interface 192.168.4.254 to VLAN 1000.
As soon as I click "Apply" in the popup window, the main web interface tries to reload but fails, and the unit stops responding to pings on 192.168.1.254. This happens when using both the web and telnet interfaces, and the only way to reconnect is to reset the switch.
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or whether there is a problem with my unit. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!