CTIOS Make Call when agent is ready

Answered Question
Aug 23rd, 2010

Hi,  we are integrating our new CRM with CTIOS and the developers would like to be able to make a call from the CRM when the agent is in a "ready" state.  Whenever they try to do this they receive this error message.

IPCC Error [10103]You must be Not Ready to make a call.  Please change to Not Ready and try again

I know this is the way UCCE works (7.2.7) but is there an easy way to turn this restriction off.

The developers believe they could transition the agent to not ready and then make the call and after it is finished back to ready, but that would also be reflected in the webview reports.

any help appreciated...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Nathan Luk about 6 years 5 months ago

Hey Darren,

I don't believe so. That's the event model that Cisco have defined so there's no mechanism to get around that using CTIOS. It's designed to prevent race conditions such as when an agent initiates a call they do not get sent an ACD call at the same time due to ICM seeing them as being available. That being said, if it is a critical requirement to not go ready the only way I could see you doing it is to implement the make call functionality using different a different method such as making a TAPI request to Call Manager to initiate a call or any of the other Call Manager related features such as the Web Dialer or the click to call application as that would effectively go around CTIOS and the built in rules it has.

Cheers,

Nathan

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Nathan Luk Mon, 08/23/2010 - 23:18

Hey Darren,

I don't believe so. That's the event model that Cisco have defined so there's no mechanism to get around that using CTIOS. It's designed to prevent race conditions such as when an agent initiates a call they do not get sent an ACD call at the same time due to ICM seeing them as being available. That being said, if it is a critical requirement to not go ready the only way I could see you doing it is to implement the make call functionality using different a different method such as making a TAPI request to Call Manager to initiate a call or any of the other Call Manager related features such as the Web Dialer or the click to call application as that would effectively go around CTIOS and the built in rules it has.

Cheers,

Nathan

david.macias Tue, 08/24/2010 - 04:48

Sounds like you're trying to build your own dialer.  Why don't you just use the Cisco outbound option?

david

dsemmler Wed, 08/25/2010 - 18:04

David, thanks for the response,  we actually have the cisco dialler, this function would allow us to dial from the CRM without utilising dialer ports.  We will probably go with the webdialler SOAP service instead..

Darren

dsemmler Wed, 08/25/2010 - 18:02

Nathan,

thanks mate, I thought that that would be the case, but posted the question just in case there was a workaround.  and yes my other option is to use the webdialler service which we currently use.

Darren

Actions

This Discussion