cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1: Copying phone settings to Device Profile

HOLGER HAHN
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way in CUCM 7.1 to copy the settings (Lines/SDs) from a hard phone to a device profile?

For exapmple:

A users has a 7961 phone with to lines an 4 configurated SDs.

The user needs an 7961 device profile to log into other 7961s with his settings.

I want to create a device 7961 device profile without configuring every single setting from the phone, I just want them to copy.

Is this possible?

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can do this via BAT.

Go to Bulk Admin, User Device Profiles, Insert UDP.

Select 'Based on Devices Controlled by Users'

Hit Run Immediately/Submit.

What this actually does is looks at each user that has an associated phone, and then creates a UDP named username_phonename with the properties from that phone.

Obviously you have to have phones associated with the users, and it doesn't let you control which ones are converted - it does them all. Including, for example 'system' users you may have that have multiple phones associated to them or CTI ports. You'll probably have to go back and delete an amount of things that it configures...

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Dang, that's good to know (+5)

OK that's a nice feature, but it creates device profiles

from EVERY user controlled device.

I only wont to create a FEW device profiles based on existing phones.

Just as Aaron indicated in his post.

If you're handy with Excel you could export the phones you want to 'duplicate' and then spin them around into a manual BAT import of UDPs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: