Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940G and 7960G not registering

Hello, I have just updated a cucm 7.1.3.10000-11  to a 7.1.3bSU2 and now the models 7940G and 7960G are not registering.

Im getting this error TFTP General Error File Auth Fail: DISTINCTIVERINGLIST.XML.sgn , but everuthing else is working fine, any suggestion?

8 Replies 8

srirgopa
Level 1
Level 1

Try deleting the CTL file from the phone manually by going through Settings and register it again.

regards

Sriram

Matthew Kaufman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would it be possible to attach snippet directly from the phone's debug display?  I am not finding anything specific about the error you're experiencing, just want to make sure its exact.

You can go there by browsing to the phone's IP address and selecting the link at the side that says "Debug Display".

--Matt

I have not been able to collect any data from that error either, its on a customer site, so i will request it,

actually a believe that have something to see with the firmware version that the new deploy tries to load, but its just a though, i will post the info as sonn as i got it

thanks for the help!!!!

Depending on what version you upgraded from you could be falling victim to the two-step firmware upgrade problem, described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_3/english/release/notes/7900_853.html#wp57602

Can you tell what firmware the phones had pre-upgrade and what the current device defaults are?

If these are 7940/60 phones they wouldn't be running that firmware.  That issue is specific to 3rd gen phones.

--Matt

I am assuming these are secure phones, so have you tried to re-run the CTL client to ensure that the TFTP server in question is in the authorized list of servers?

--Matt

First at all, thanks a lot for all your responses,

The phones are not secured, at least until we have this issue fixed, the 7960, was working before the upgrade it was running the firmware version 8.0(5.0) and now the call manager is trying to upgrade it to de version P00308010200

and i got the error message confirmed, im sorry but im in spain, so the messages are in spanish

first one , the 7960

General TFTP error

SEP00131A6ECF35.CNF.XML.SGN

file autentication error : DISTINCTIVERINGLIST.XML.s

second one, the 7940

General TFTP error

SEP00131A6ECF35.CNF.XML.SGN

file authentication error : SEPxxxxxxxx.cnf.xml.s

thanks again

Cesar

Hi all, its a bug

CSCtd84665

and its solved upgrading to 8.1(1), and after that 8.2(2)

thaks for your time anyway

cesar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: