UCCX 7.0 - Agents in reserved state and calls stuck in CSQ

Unanswered Question
Aug 24th, 2010

Hello all,

I have got a following issue with our UCCX 7.0 installation - there is a team of agents and some of them intermittently stuck in reserved state for no reason.

I went to real-time reporting and found lot of calls stuck in CSQ, which I believe is related.

Other teams (which uses different IVR scripts) are not having these kind of problem - that led me to conclusion that something may actually be wrong with the scirpt itself. I am going to add "dequeue" step before "Goto VOICEMAIL" under transfer menu for all three options, but not quite sure if that is cause and solution for the problem. Could you guys take a quick look on attached script, I might be missing some part of picture here.

Thank you in advance,

Peter

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Aaron Harrison Tue, 08/24/2010 - 05:36

Hi

Some things to check first:

1) Agents are not members of pickup groups - this is a common cause of such problems

2) Do the agents all receive calls sometimes? Are they all in the same partition? Verify that the UCCX CTI ports can call all of the agents...

3) Check the release notes : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/release/notes/uccx701rn.pdf

There is an 'unsupported actions' section that lists things agents should not do on Page 15 onwards. Pickup is the most problematic of these, but others are very common causes of stuck-in-reserved and stuck calls.... far more common than scripting errors. If in doubt, disable the options (by removing pickup groups from their lines, and assigning a softkey set that doesn't include the listed keys) and see how it goes...

I've had a quick look over your script and see no major cause for concern.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

piotrderda Wed, 08/25/2010 - 03:33

Thank you Aaron,

Unfortunatelly I checked all these before. No unsupported phone config, CTI ports and agent extension are actually in the same partition.

I took a look today and still see some calls stuck in queues for that script. Not much in MIVR files that would explain the cause.

Regards,

Peter

Aaron Harrison Wed, 08/25/2010 - 03:45

Hi Peter

As I recall it, this is what I did to find the calls in the logs:

1) go to real time reports, to the contacts list, and see which contact is 'stuck'. Note the 'impl id'...

2) search the MIVR logs to find that call, then trace it through

If you can find the MIVR containing a stuck call, and supply the impl ID, post up the logs and I'll look them over...

Regards

Aaron

piotrderda Wed, 08/25/2010 - 05:08

Thanks Aaron,

I was able to pick one stuck call - 3732806/4 would be an example. Please find log file attached (this is one from the start of the call, it was in the queue for some time before I cleared it up so later logs include it as well). Let me know if you need additional files logged after this one.

Password to archive sent via priv

Thanks for helping on this,

Peter

piotrderda Wed, 08/25/2010 - 11:14

Thank you Walter.

CUCM version is 6.1.2.1139-3, so I would say it may be affected with bug you found.

I am just wonder why it keep occuring only for one IVR script while I have never got aqny complaints for others.

Also agent stuck in "reserved" and are never presented with these stuck calls on their phones.

Regards,

Peter

Aaron Harrison Wed, 08/25/2010 - 11:17

Hi

Yeah, I've seen that bug a couple of times and it's pretty consistent. You get a call stuck in the actual CAD app after a call has terminated rather than a traditional stuck call in the CRS engine...

I'll have a quick look at those logs...

Aaron

Walter Solano Wed, 08/25/2010 - 11:22

That is right this bug is very consistence, so I don't think that applies to your case.

Aaron Harrison Wed, 08/25/2010 - 11:26

Peter - just realised there was no attachment; I have your PM but the only att on this thread is your script...

Aaron

piotrderda Wed, 08/25/2010 - 11:32

Silly me Here you go, seems that forum won't accept archives with password set.

Thank you,

Peter

Actions

This Discussion