cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A user can not forward his phone to another phone without getting the busy sound on his phone.

Hi,

I have a very strange problem in our Cisco Unified Communication Manager 7.0.1.11000-2 installation.

A user with the phone number 4720 can not forward his phone to a secretary or another colleague, when he try to forward his phone he gets the busy sound on his phone (a triad sound).

The number is in a linegroup called 6615780 and a hunt list called 6615780 (with a number of others phone numbers).

Another phone 4742 do not have these problems and is a member of the same linegroup and hunt list as the 4720 number.

I have tried to reset the huntlist but without any result.

Can you help me locate what I have missed?

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius Steensen

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Carl-Marius,

Have a look at the Call Forward All Calling Search Space (CSS) on 4720. It

is set as where 4742 is set as Internal

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

You are using the default CFA CSS activation policy which is "With Configured CSS" by default.  The other option is "With Activating Line/Device CSS".  With your 2 screen shots, you'll see the user that has an issue does not have a CFA CSS set (i.e., ) which will not work with this configuration.  The other does have a CFA CSS set so hence, no issues.  You need to, at a minimum, set a CFA CSS on the line that cannot forward. This is outlined in the SRND and various other administration guides; however, for clarity here's a rundown of how these different settings would behave in everyday operation:

System Default:

With Configured CSS

Phone 1: 

Line set to use system default. 

When configured normally (i.e., both the primary and secondary CFA CSS are set OR at least the primary CSS is explicitly), forwarding works. 

If the primary and secondary CSS configurations are removed, forwarding is broken and users always receive fast busy.

Phone 2: 

Line set to use Activating Device/Line CSS. 

Phone was set to forward from the phone via CFA softkey.  Call forwarding works and the line level configuration is changed in CUCM so that the CFA CSS and secondary CSS are set correctly. 

When the forwarding is removed, the line level settings remain intact (i.e., the forward initiated at the phone sets the CFA and secondary CSS for the phone in the DB).

Phone 3: 

Phone was forwarded from CUCM Admin.  Call forwarding is broken.  The CFA CSS and secondary CSS remain unchanged (i.e., None). 

Phone was forwarded from CCM User.  Call forwarding is broken.  The CFA CSS and secondary CSS remain unchanged (i.e., None).

Phone was set to forward from the phone via CFA softkey.  Call forwarding works and the line level configuration is changed in CUCM so that the CFA CSS and secondary CSS are set correctly. 

When the forwarding is removed, the line level settings remain intact (i.e., the forward initiated at the phone sets the CFA and secondary CSS for the phone in the DB).

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

I've fielded a lot of questions on this topic over the last year so I wrote a blog about it as well.  For more info, refer to:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/cfa-css-activation-policy-what-it-is-how-it-works-and-why-you-need-to-know.html

Hailey

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Carl-Marius,

Have a look at the Call Forward All Calling Search Space (CSS) on 4720. It

is set as where 4742 is set as Internal

Cheers!

Rob

You are using the default CFA CSS activation policy which is "With Configured CSS" by default.  The other option is "With Activating Line/Device CSS".  With your 2 screen shots, you'll see the user that has an issue does not have a CFA CSS set (i.e., ) which will not work with this configuration.  The other does have a CFA CSS set so hence, no issues.  You need to, at a minimum, set a CFA CSS on the line that cannot forward. This is outlined in the SRND and various other administration guides; however, for clarity here's a rundown of how these different settings would behave in everyday operation:

System Default:

With Configured CSS

Phone 1: 

Line set to use system default. 

When configured normally (i.e., both the primary and secondary CFA CSS are set OR at least the primary CSS is explicitly), forwarding works. 

If the primary and secondary CSS configurations are removed, forwarding is broken and users always receive fast busy.

Phone 2: 

Phone 3: 

Phone was forwarded from CUCM Admin.  Call forwarding is broken.  The CFA CSS and secondary CSS remain unchanged (i.e., None). 

Phone was forwarded from CCM User.  Call forwarding is broken.  The CFA CSS and secondary CSS remain unchanged (i.e., None).

Hailey

I've fielded a lot of questions on this topic over the last year so I wrote a blog about it as well.  For more info, refer to:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/cfa-css-activation-policy-what-it-is-how-it-works-and-why-you-need-to-know.html

Hailey

Hi Hailey,

Great stuff buddy! Another very helpful addition to your list

of awesome Blogs

+5 all day long!

Cheers!

Huff

Hi Rob,

You were once again absolutly rigth, it worked when I changed the setting to InternCSS instead of .

Thank you Hailey very much for your input and blog, it is very informative!

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius