Time Based UCCX Trigger

Unanswered Question
Aug 24th, 2010

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a way to trigger a UCCX script based on a particular date/time or at a particular interval (equivalent to the Linux service CRON). I am able to achieve this using an external mechanism (ie using a time based HTTP POST request) but I would prefer to keep the process local to the UCCX server itself.

It is perfectly fine on UCCX 7 as this is a windows platform and 3rd part applications, although not supported, can be executed on the server. UCCX 8 on the other hand is now an appliance and therefore cannot have any 3rd party tools installed.

This feature is available in ICM and I don't see why it couldn't be added into the UCCX suite. The UCCX 8 systems already have time based execution (used by the Backup and Restore service), so having a additional time based trigger would add a heap more benefits. And being a Linux appliance

My reasoning is exactly the same as those used in UCCE in that using a time based trigger to perform specific tasks. For example cleaning up tasks, archiving/changing prompts automatically...and the list goes on.

If someone is aware of how to achieve this functionality with the current UCCX 8 release I'd love to hear your thoughts.

If not, could someone please let me know how I can advise Cisco developers of my suggestion to see if it can be included in future releases as I have numerous clients that have no interest in going to UCCX 8 from UCCX 5/7 due to this fact entirely.

Thankyou for your help.

Kind Regards,

Ben De Longis

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Aaron Harrison Tue, 08/24/2010 - 06:02

Hi

As far as I'm aware there's no real way of doing this...

As you've suggested, you can schedule tasks to run a curl or similar to trigger something via HTTP.

I guess in 8 you could use an agent workflow (at login, or I seem to recall there are now time of day related workflows in UCCX7) to either make a call to a trigger or http to a trigger... not tried that though.

For something more reliable I guess you'd have to submit an Enhancement/Feature Request via your Cisco account team.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Anthony Holloway Fri, 08/27/2010 - 15:11

I wouldn't do it at the agent level, because that is not contained within the server environment.

Base it off of calls coming in.  Every call that comes in is a gust of wind, spinning your windmill, kind of thing.

Just keep the code tight, so it's never able to run more than one instance at a time.

Actions

This Discussion