Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Feature request - Simple AA Open/Closed script

Hi,

The current scripts included withe UC solution are in my experience not very usable in The Netherlands. Most businesses here just want a simple script which tells customers, who call outside working hours or on holidays that the company is closed and that's it. Optionally they want a destination to forward the call to when calls have to be answered.

Maybe it's a cultural thing here but most people don't want to leave a message, companies don't want to spend time on listing to VM-messages and IVR-menus are only used if really needed.

A colleague of mine created a script to do the following:

- check holiday

if holiday - > play holiday message

optional go to holiday destination

if not holiday  -> check open /closed

if closed -> play closed message

optional go to closed destination

if open -> go to open destination (e.g. extension, blast or B-ACD dropthrough group)

(there's also an option for lunchbreakmessages and destination).

I was wondering if this script is generic enough to be included.

Regards,

Marcel.

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Version 3 of the AA script for UC500 supports most of what you discussed.

Look at the AA section of CCA 2.2.5 TSW and tell me whats missing...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11748

In this lab, I did not differenciate between OPEN and CLOSED but could have easily.

Holidays are treated as closed so that may be a difference from what you want.

No Action Transfer is included

Prompts are customizable for day versus night.

you can always send a email to ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com and ask for CUE Editor help.   You can then load your custom script into CUE and then use it if you prefer not to use the canned scripts.

Hello Steven,

I've read the PDF and it's not about what i'm missing it's more about what's still there. I don't want to give the caller any options for input. The caller is forwarded to the operator / operator group when the company is open and hears a message when the company is closed. That's it.

Tormorrow I'm in our lab again and I will look at the script in action.

Of course we have a working script but because we implement it so often it triggered me to ask this question.

Thanx

Marcel.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Give a look to my "Universal AA" script at http://ciscoscripts.com

It supports all the most commonly requested settings, including yours, with just parameter configuration. No more personalization and changes needed for each customer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: