cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI Postview, saving to txt file

tknapp
Level 1
Level 1

I have cli postview working.  I would like to save the changes off to a txt file.  I find them usefull for learning and training.

I cannot figure out how to cut and paste from the Postview window.  I am running windows XP.

As always, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

antyeung
Level 4
Level 4

Try "Ctrl-a" followed by "Ctrl-c" then paste to a notepad.

Thanks,

Anthony

I tried Cntrl a and Cntrl c.  Still cannot copy the

CLI post view.

Try dragging from Bottom to TOP in that post view window (instead of crtl-a) and then Ctrl-C and then paste anyplace you like.

I tried dragging.  I know I could do this running 2.2.2 and pretty sure with 2.2.4.  I just upgraded to 2.2.5 with 8.0.4 on Friday August 20th.   It appears that I cannot copy the CLI postview because of the upgrade.

Please let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks

Very weird. I tried this on 3 different windows PC. Two XP machines and one Windows 7 and didn't have this problem. I'm not too sure what to say. I'm tempted to setup a WebEx to see what's up. Do you have the same problem on any other PC?

-Anthony

thank you for checking this out.  Issue obviously is on my end.

I tried two XP machines, both fail.  These machines are controlled by corporate so that may be the issue.

I shut down the symatec protection software and that did not fix issue.

Next week I will bring in a laptop from home and see if I can get it to work.

I will update posting when done

Again Thank you for looking into this for me.

NP. Let us know how it goes.

-Anthony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: